Subject: [TLS] Nov 2nd, Social Web Camp in Santa Clara

From: Henry Story <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 22 Oct 2009 18:21:18 +0200

Dear TLS group,

We are organising a social web camp in the Sun Microsystems offices of  
Santa Clara where I will be presenting foaf+ssl, which uses TLS at its  
core to enable a really decentralised social network that fits with  
the web architecture.

You can see a short presentation of that which I gave at Hacking at  
Random

	 http://blogs.sun.com/bblfish/entry/camping_and_hacking_at_har2009

(requires Firefox 3.5)

The camp will look at this and the broader implications of a  
decentralised social web. You are all welcome to come, with friends  
and participate. Entry is free.

----

You are invited to the Social Web Camp, taking place in the Sun  
Microsystems Campus in Santa Clara on Monday November 2. It is  
organised by Henry Story of Sun and Daniel Appelquist of Vodafone, co- 
chair of the W3C Social Web Incubator. Entry is free.

Imagine a world where everybody could participate easily in a  
distributed yet secure social web. In such a world people could place  
their photos, music, or other content on their web site and give  
access to some of it to their friends, or the friend of their friends  
(FOAF) some to their family, some to their colleagues, and of course  
have some be completely public.  How can one do this without requiring  
every participant to create one login for each of their friends site?  
How does one do this in a distributed and flexible manner compatible  
with web architecture? What issues would need to be solved to make  
this possible?

All topics related to the Social Web will be covered, in a bar-camp  
style. It will be broad and open to all. See the subjects up for  
discussuion on the wiki/registration page:

http://barcamp.org/SocialWebCamp-Santa-Clara

When: Monday, 2nd of November starting 9:00 am ( up to 5pm )

Where:
	The Auditorium at Sun's Campus,
	4030 George Sellon Circle
	Santa Clara,
	95054 California

Please forward to interested parties, tweet, blog!

	Henry Story

Social Web Architect
Sun Microsystems		
Blog: http://blogs.sun.com/bblfish