Subject: [TLS] I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-tls-rfc4366-bis-06.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 26 Oct 2009 10:30:02 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts 
directories.
This draft is a work item of the Transport Layer Security Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: Transport Layer Security (TLS) Extensions: Extension Definitions
	Author(s)	: D. Eastlake 3rd
	Filename	: draft-ietf-tls-rfc4366-bis-06.txt
	Pages		: 29
	Date		: 2009-10-26
	
This document provides specifications for existing TLS extensions. It
   is a companion document for the TLS 1.2 specification [RFC5246]. The
   extensions specified are server_name, max_fragment_length,
   client_certificate_url, trusted_ca_keys, truncated_hmac, and
   status_request.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-tls-rfc4366-bis-06.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.

---

From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 30 Oct 2009 09:01:52 +0100

FYI: version -06 includes the text we converged on about server_name:

   "Since it is possible for a client to present a different
   server_name in the application protocol, application server
   implementations that rely upon these names being the same MUST
   check to make sure the client did not present a different name in
   the application protocol."

And couple of other changes:

- In Section 3, it now says "However, for backward compatibility, all
future NameTypes MUST begin with a 16-bit length field."  (to address
issue #102).

- Section 4 adds text about record_overflow alert vs. DTLS.

- Section 1 restores the text we used to have in RFC 4366 about
session resumption.

I think these are all fine, and I've placed this on the agenda of the
November 19 IESG telechat.

Best regards,
Pasi