Subject: [TLS] RFC 5705 on Keying Material Exporters for Transport Layer Security (TLS)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 15 Mar 2010 17:11:14 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 5705

        Title:      Keying Material Exporters for Transport 
                    Layer Security (TLS) 
        Author:     E. Rescorla
        Status:     Standards Track
        Date:       March 2010
        Mailbox:    [email-masked]
        Pages:      7
        Characters: 16346
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-tls-extractor-07.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc5705.txt

A number of protocols wish to leverage Transport Layer Security (TLS)
to perform key establishment but then use some of the keying material
for their own purposes.  This document describes a general mechanism
for allowing that.  [STANDARDS TRACK]

This document is a product of the Transport Layer Security Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Internet
Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization state and
status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC