Subject: [TLS] New version of Multiple OCSP mode of Certificate Status extension

From: "Yngve N. Pettersen (Developer Opera Software ASA)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 07 Mar 2010 19:54:19 +0100

Hello all,

I have posted a updated version of draft-pettersen-tls-ext-multiple-ocsp.

Main changes:

   - Allow zero length responses, in case the server does not have a  
response for a certificate in the middle of the chain
   - Added an open issue regarding handling of bad OCSP responses, such as  
expired ones.

<http://www.ietf.org/id/draft-pettersen-tls-ext-multiple-ocsp-01.txt >

Diff:  
<http://tools.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url1=draft-pettersen-tls-ext-multiple-ocsp-00&difftype=--chbars&submit=Go%21&url2=draft-pettersen-tls-ext-multiple-ocsp-01  

A new version of I-D, draft-pettersen-tls-ext-multiple-ocsp-01.txt has  
been successfuly submitted by Yngve Pettersen and posted to the IETF  
repository.

Filename:	 draft-pettersen-tls-ext-multiple-ocsp
Revision:	 01
Title:		 Adding Multiple TLS Certificate Status Extension requests
Creation_date:	 2010-03-07
WG ID:		 Independent Submission
Number_of_pages: 10

Abstract:
This document introduces a replacement of the TLS Certificate Status
Extension to allow clients to specify and support multiple
certificate status methods.  Also being introduced is a new OCSP
based method that servers can use to provide status information not
just about the server's own certificate, but also the status of
intermediate certificates in the chain.

-- 
Sincerely,
Yngve N. Pettersen

********************************************************************
Senior Developer                     Email: [email-masked]
Opera Software ASA                   http://www.opera.com/
Phone:  +47 24 16 42 60              Fax:    +47 24 16 40 01
********************************************************************

---

From: Adam Langley <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 10 Mar 2010 10:13:12 -0500

On Sun, Mar 7, 2010 at 1:54 PM, Yngve N. Pettersen (Developer Opera
> I have posted a updated version of draft-pettersen-tls-ext-multiple-ocsp.

Just to break the silence on this:

I strongly support this and I think I'm happy with the details in this
particular draft. At some point I'll get around to writing
experimental implementations to test it out.

AGL