Subject: [TLS] Requesting feedback on TACK draft

From: Trevor Perrin <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 25 Jun 2013 11:23:38 -0700

Hi,

The TACK draft [1] has been stable for a while (the last substantive change
was draft-01, last September).

We're hoping to see some deployment this year, so we may request "early
allocation" [2] of a TLS ExtensionType in the next few months.

Also, draft-02 will expire in a few weeks, so we may as well make a -03.

So!  The next couple weeks would be a great time to send us feedback.
 Anything is appreciated, but we'd particularly like to know if anything is
confusing or hard to follow...

Trevor

[1] http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-perrin-tls-tack-02
[2] http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc4020.txt

---

From: Peter Gutmann <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 29 Jun 2013 03:29:20 +0000

Trevor Perrin <[email-masked]> writes:

>The TACK draft has been stable for a while (the last substantive change was
>draft-01, last September).
>
>allocation" of a TLS ExtensionType in the next few months.

While people are looking at that, there's also the encrypt-then-MAC draft,
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-gutmann-tls-encrypt-then-mac-03.txt,
which has been stable for about as long, has already been deployed by several
vendors, and for which TLS extension 0x10 has been de facto claimed, so it'd
be good to get this published to legitimise the use (and to document what's
already being deployed in production).  In addition there's the ECC suites draft,
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-gutmann-tls-eccsuites-05.txt, which
a number of users and vendors are also waiting on for publication.  It's been
stable for quite some time as well.

Peter.