Subject: Re: [TLS] Data volume limits

From: Ryan Carboni <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 15 Dec 2015 23:36:58 -0800

How often does TLS rekey anyway? I know RC4 rekeys per packet, but I've
read and searched a fair amount of documentation, and haven't found
anything on the subject. Perhaps I'm looking for the wrong terms or through
the wrong documents.

---

From: "Paterson, Kenny" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 16 Dec 2015 07:45:53 +0000

RC4 does not rekey per application layer fragment in TLS. The same key is used for the duration of a connection. 

Other protocols using RC4 do rekey per packet, eg WEP and WPA/TKIP. 

Cheers

Kenny

> On 16 Dec 2015, at 16:37, Ryan Carboni <[email-masked]> wrote:
> 
> How often does TLS rekey anyway? I know RC4 rekeys per packet, but I've read and searched a fair amount of documentation, and haven't found anything on the subject. Perhaps I'm looking for the wrong terms or through the wrong documents.
> _______________________________________________
> TLS mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/tls