Subject: [TLS] Barry Leiba's No Objection on draft-ietf-tls-cached-info-20: (with COMMENT)

From: "Barry Leiba" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 15 Dec 2015 14:41:16 -0800

Barry Leiba has entered the following ballot position for
draft-ietf-tls-cached-info-20: No Objection

When responding, please keep the subject line intact and reply to all
email addresses included in the To and CC lines. (Feel free to cut this
introductory paragraph, however.)

Please refer to https://www.ietf.org/iesg/statement/discuss-criteria.html
for more information about IESG DISCUSS and COMMENT positions.

The document, along with other ballot positions, can be found here:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-tls-cached-info/

----------------------------------------------------------------------
COMMENT:
----------------------------------------------------------------------

I have two comments about Section 8.2:

1. The Standards Action range starts at 0, and you've assigned 1 and 2,
but not 0.  Is it intended that 0 should remain reserved and unassigned? 
If so, you should say that.

2. For the Specification Required range, is there any guidance you
can/should give to the designated expert?  What do you expect the DE to
look for when evaluating requests?  Why might the DE not approve a
request?