Subject: [TLS] Ben Campbell's No Objection on draft-ietf-tls-cached-info-20: (with COMMENT)

From: "Ben Campbell" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 16 Dec 2015 13:10:36 -0800

Ben Campbell has entered the following ballot position for
draft-ietf-tls-cached-info-20: No Objection

When responding, please keep the subject line intact and reply to all
email addresses included in the To and CC lines. (Feel free to cut this
introductory paragraph, however.)

Please refer to https://www.ietf.org/iesg/statement/discuss-criteria.html
for more information about IESG DISCUSS and COMMENT positions.

The document, along with other ballot positions, can be found here:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-tls-cached-info/

----------------------------------------------------------------------
COMMENT:
----------------------------------------------------------------------

-section 4, paragraph 4:
It might be helpful to have a little more guidance to clients for
multi-tenant server environments. For example, the fact that it might
want to cache different certs from the same server in the first place.
Also, when might it be reasonable to violate the RECOMMENDED?

- 4.1:
Should the reference for 7250 be normative?