Subject: Re: [TLS] Encrypting record headers: practical for TLS 1.3

From: Ryan Carboni <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 5 Dec 2015 14:25:48 -0800

>
> If Akamai wants to leave their users insecure, I look forward to
> another CDN offering privacy options. Such choice is missing if that
> isn't an option and it isn't on as a strong default.

The NSA has contracts with ISPs to have access to their user's content.

Is a CDN an ISP?

---

From: Jacob Appelbaum <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 5 Dec 2015 22:40:22 +0000

> The NSA has contracts with ISPs to have access to their user's content.

Which did you have in mind? AT&T? Sure. And for unilateral access they
do it without contracts such as the TAT cable.

> Is a CDN an ISP?

Are you asking if the CDN gives data to the NSA, I guess you'd just
have to ask them directly. I guess they won't answer or they'll be
legally obliged to lie.

All the best,
Jacob