Subject: [TLS] List of implementations

From: Martin Thomson <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 23 Mar 2016 21:46:02 +1100

I think that we're getting to the point now where a list might help.

https://github.com/tlswg/tls13-spec/wiki/Implementations

Add your implementation to the list, or talk to me about getting it added.

On 23 March 2016 at 18:43, Glen Knowles <[email-masked]> wrote:
> Is there a list of implementations somewhere? I've started working on 1.3 as
> a side project and just talking to myself may get lonely. :)

---

From: Bodo Moeller <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 23 Mar 2016 14:55:22 +0100

Martin,

two remarks regarding the section "Version Negotiation" (quoted below).

1. The ASCII encoding of digit "1" is *decimal* 49, or 0x31 (the given
example 0x494a corresponds to "IJ").

2. It might be useful to remark that server  implementations of the final
protocol version should still watch out for the extension during a
migration period, and if the extension is present, check that the value
provided agrees to the draft suffix of the version that eventually got
standardized. (More importantly, the draft implementations must be taken
out of use before anyone other than the early adopters completes their
implementation of the protocol :-) )

Bodo

*Version Negotiation*

Note that most of these implementations signal the draft version in a
two-octet extension that uses the code point 0xff02. Set this to the ASCII
encoding of the draft suffix (for example, draft -12 is the value 0x494a).
Until the final version is released, please require this extension before
negotiating TLS 1.3. If the value is not present, or it doesn't match your
implemented version you should negotiate TLS 1.2, or fail.
Am 23.03.2016 13:47 schrieb "Martin Thomson" <[email-masked]>:

> _______________________________________________
> TLS mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/tls
>