Subject: [TLS] TLS 1.3 draft 12

From: Eric Rescorla <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 21 Mar 2016 18:05:29 -0700

Folks,

I've just submitted TLS 1.3 draft-12 and it should appear once it
makes its way through secretariat processing. Until then, you can find
it at:

   http://tlswg.github.io/tls13-spec/

This revision is largely cleanup of a bunch of outstanding PRs and of
issues found during interop testing. It should be largely wire
compatible with draft-11 and also defines preliminary code points in a
few places where we had to define them to do implementations.
I've attached a changelog to the end of this message.

Note: I have taken no action on the topic of 0-RTT DHE (both with and
without Client Authentication). I believe we are nearing consensus but
I'll work with the chairs to bring it to resolution. Also, look for
a proposal to flesh out the details of 0-RTT PSK, which I recognize
is currently underspecified.

As usual, please send comments to the list or as Github PRs.
Thanks
-Ekr

CHANGELOG

- Provide a list of the PSK cipher sutes.

- Remove the ability for the ServerHello to have no extensions
  (this aligns the syntax with the text).

- Clarify that the server can send application data after its first
  flight (0.5 RTT data)

- Revise signature algorithm negotiation to group hash, signature
  algorithm, and curve together. This is backwards compatible.

- Make ticket lifetime mandatory and limit it to a week.

- Make the purpose strings lower-case. This matches how people
  are implementing for interop.

- Define exporters.

- Editorial cleanup

---

From: Glen Knowles <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 23 Mar 2016 00:43:44 -0700

> I've attached a changelog to the end of this message.

Is there a list of implementations somewhere? I've started working on 1.3
as a side project and just talking to myself may get lonely. :)