Subject: [TLS] Protocol Action: 'Transport Layer Security (TLS) Cached Information Extension' to Proposed Standard (draft-ietf-tls-cached-info-23.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 17 May 2016 17:15:24 -0700

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'Transport Layer Security (TLS) Cached Information Extension'
  (draft-ietf-tls-cached-info-23.txt) as Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the Transport Layer Security Working
Group.

The IESG contact persons are Stephen Farrell and Kathleen Moriarty.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-tls-cached-info/

Technical Summary

   This document defines an extension that allows a TLS client to inform
   a server of cached information, allowing the server to omit already
   available information.

Working Group Summary

   This document has gone through a long working group process and 
   many revisions.  We believe the document has had sufficient review 
   and is ready for publication.  The TLS working group consensus around 
   the document is not strong, as the main body of interest for this work 
   is in the DICE group.  

Document Quality

    This document has had extensive review over a long period of time 
    in the TLS working group.  The document is a dependency of the DICE 
    working group.

Personnel

   Joseph Salowey is the document shepherd.  The responsible AD is Stephen Farrell. 

IANA Note

 In section 8.2, please mark the value zero (0) as reserved. (As 
 suggested by Barry Leiba in his IESG review.)