Subject: [TLS] Specify handling of errors by peers

From: Hubert Kario <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 02 Sep 2016 21:08:36 +0200

While the specification already details a lot of situations that "MUST NOT" 
happen or that are errors, it doesn't specify how those situations should be 
handled by peers.

Add information that they need to cause the receiving side to send a fatal 
alert with appropriate description.

Most of the additions in this pull request[1] should be uncontroversial, one 
I'm not sure sure about is the alert type to send in case of invalid value in 
Finished message, do we want to hide it in bad_record_mac, or should it be 
typical for such cases illegal_parameter? (Currently what a peer is supposed 
to do if the Finished value does not match the expected one is not specified)

 1 - https://github.com/tlswg/tls13-spec/pull/621
-- 
Regards,
Hubert Kario
Senior Quality Engineer, QE BaseOS Security team
Web: www.cz.redhat.com
Red Hat Czech s.r.o., Purkyňova 99/71, 612 45, Brno, Czech Republic