Subject: [TLS] Labels in HKDF-Expand-Label

From: Martin Thomson <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 23 Nov 2016 16:25:47 +1100

The grammar for the label permits the label to be 9 octets long.
That's the exact length of the prefix.

That means that it is valid to use an exporter with an empty label
string.  That seems dangerous.  I propose that we require at least one
octet:

https://github.com/tlswg/tls13-spec/pull/774

---

From: Eric Rescorla <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 22 Nov 2016 21:27:07 -0800

Actually all future EXPORTERs need to start with EXPORTER-. But this does
seem like a reasonable change so I have merged it

-Ekr

On Tue, Nov 22, 2016 at 9:25 PM, Martin Thomson <[email-masked]>
wrote:

> _______________________________________________
> TLS mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/tls
>