Subject: [TLS] Reference for justification of middlebox compat mode

From: Peter Wu <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 6 Dec 2017 23:35:30 +0000

Hi,

The current draft makes the following claim:

    Field measurements have found that a significant number of middleboxes
    misbehave when a TLS client/server pair negotiates TLS 1.3.

Would it be possible to add a reference for this claim for the benefit
of future readers? One possible (terse) reference I could find is
https://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/tls/current/msg24517.html
-- 
Kind regards,
Peter Wu
https://lekensteyn.nl

---

From: Eric Rescorla <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 6 Dec 2017 15:42:48 -0800

I would cite:

https://datatracker.ietf.org/meeting/100/materials/slides-100-tls-sessa-tls13/
(the slides, which include David's data)
https://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/tls/current/msg25091.html (my email
from yesterday)

-Ekr

On Wed, Dec 6, 2017 at 3:35 PM, Peter Wu <[email-masked]> wrote:

> _______________________________________________
> TLS mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/tls
>