Subject: [TLS] Last Call: <draft-ietf-tls-record-limit-02.txt> (Record Size Limit Extension for Transport Layer Security (TLS)) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 20 Feb 2018 09:06:41 -0800

The IESG has received a request from the Transport Layer Security WG (tls) to
consider the following document: - 'Record Size Limit Extension for Transport
Layer Security (TLS)'
  <draft-ietf-tls-record-limit-02.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits final
comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2018-03-06. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the beginning of
the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   An extension to Transport Layer Security (TLS) is defined that allows
   endpoints to negotiate the maximum size of protected records that
   each will send the other.

   This replaces the maximum fragment length extension defined in RFC
   6066.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-tls-record-limit/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-tls-record-limit/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.