Subject: [TLS] Last Call: <draft-ietf-tls-iana-registry-updates-04.txt> (IANA Registry Updates for TLS and DTLS) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 15 Feb 2018 13:12:14 -0800

The IESG has received a request from the Transport Layer Security WG (tls) to
consider the following document: - 'IANA Registry Updates for TLS and DTLS'
  <draft-ietf-tls-iana-registry-updates-04.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits final
comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2018-03-01. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the beginning of
the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   This document describes a number of changes to (D)TLS IANA registries
   that range from adding notes to the registry all the way to changing
   the registration policy.  These changes were mostly motivated by WG
   review of the (D)TLS-related registries undertaken as part of the
   TLS1.3 development process.  This document updates many (D)TLS RFCs
   (see updates header).

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-tls-iana-registry-updates/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-tls-iana-registry-updates/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.

The document contains these normative downward references.
See RFC 3967 for additional information: 
    rfc5878: Transport Layer Security (TLS) Authorization Extensions (Experimental - IETF stream)

---

From: Sean Turner <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 28 Feb 2018 14:32:26 -0500

While discussing the other changes with Joe, I noted the AES-128 CCM PSK cipher suites listed need to be the ones that are being registered in draft-ietf-tls-ecdhe-psk-aead.  That draft lists two:

  TLS_ECDHE_PSK_WITH_AES_128_CCM_8_SHA256
  TLS_ECDHE_PSK_WITH_AES_128_CCM_SHA256

while draft-ietf-tls-iana-registry-updates lists:

  TLS_ECDHE_PSK_WITH_AES_128_CCM_SHA256
  TLS_ECDHE_PSK_WITH_AES_256_CCM_SHA384

draft-ietf-tls-iana-registry-updates needs drop TLS_ECDHE_PSK_WITH_AES_256_CCM_SHA384 from the recommended list because it’s not defined.  PR to fix is here:
https://github.com/tlswg/draft-ietf-tls-iana-registry-updates/pull/64

spt

> On Feb 15, 2018, at 16:12, The IESG <[email-masked]> wrote:
> 
>