Subject: [TLS] Eric Rescorla's Yes on draft-ietf-tls-iana-registry-updates-04: (with COMMENT)

From: Eric Rescorla <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 31 Mar 2018 10:54:49 -0700

Eric Rescorla has entered the following ballot position for
draft-ietf-tls-iana-registry-updates-04: Yes

When responding, please keep the subject line intact and reply to all
email addresses included in the To and CC lines. (Feel free to cut this
introductory paragraph, however.)

Please refer to https://www.ietf.org/iesg/statement/discuss-criteria.html
for more information about IESG DISCUSS and COMMENT positions.

The document, along with other ballot positions, can be found here:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-tls-iana-registry-updates/

----------------------------------------------------------------------
COMMENT:
----------------------------------------------------------------------

 requires standards action.  Not all parameters defined in standards
   track documents need to be marked as recommended.
It might be useful to capitalize Recommended here.

   been through the IETF consensus process, has limited applicability,
   or is intended only for specific use cases.
I think technically it has "Recommended = No"

   Note:  Supported Groups marked as "Yes" are those allocated via
      Standards Track RFCs.  Supported Groups marked as "No" are not;
      supported groups marked "No" range from "good" to "bad" from a
This may need a revision because some have not been allocated that way.

      thus requiring a new construction.  The exporter interface remains
      the same, however the value is computed different.
differently.