Subject: [TLS] Fwd: New Version Notification for draft-fenter-tls-decryption-00.txt

From: Steve Fenter <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 5 Mar 2018 13:32:57 -0800

All,

I have just submitted a draft outlining enterprise use cases for
out-of-band TLS decryption.

Please review.

Thanks
Steve Fenter

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, Mar 5, 2018 at 1:05 PM
Subject: New Version Notification for draft-fenter-tls-decryption-00.txt
To: Steve Fenter <[email-masked]>

A new version of I-D, draft-fenter-tls-decryption-00.txt
has been successfully submitted by Steve Fenter and posted to the
IETF repository.

Name:           draft-fenter-tls-decryption
Revision:       00
Title:          Why Enterprises Need Out-of-Band TLS Decryption
Document date:  2018-03-05
Group:          Individual Submission
Pages:          21
URL:            https://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-fenter-tls-
decryption-00.txt
Status:         https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-fenter-tls-
decryption/
Htmlized:       https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-fenter-tls-decryption-00
Htmlized:       https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-fenter-tls-
decryption-00

Abstract:
   Some enterprises are heavily TLS encrypted within their own
   enterprise network boundaries.  Many of these enterprises are also
   utilizing out-of-band TLS decryption in order to inspect their own
   traffic for purposes of troubleshooting, network security monitoring,
   and for other kinds of monitoring.  These monitoring functions are
   mission critical, and cannot just be done without when TLS 1.3
   (draft-ietf-tls-tls13-26) is released or when the RSA key exchange is
   someday deprecated from TLS 1.2 (RFC5246).  This draft will outline
   the use cases for out-of-band TLS decryption, as well as alternative
   suggestions for monitoring and troubleshooting and the limitations of
   those alternatives.

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

The IETF Secretariat