Subject: [TLS] I-D Action: draft-ietf-tls-tls13-27.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 18 Mar 2018 06:20:19 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Transport Layer Security WG of the IETF.

        Title           : The Transport Layer Security (TLS) Protocol Version 1.3
        Author          : Eric Rescorla
	Filename        : draft-ietf-tls-tls13-27.txt
	Pages           : 155
	Date            : 2018-03-18

Abstract:
   This document specifies version 1.3 of the Transport Layer Security
   (TLS) protocol.  TLS allows client/server applications to communicate
   over the Internet in a way that is designed to prevent eavesdropping,
   tampering, and message forgery.

   This document updates RFCs 4492, 5705, and 6066 and it obsoletes RFCs
   5077, 5246, and 6961.  This document also specifies new requirements
   for TLS 1.2 implementations.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-tls-tls13/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-tls-tls13-27
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-tls-tls13-27

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-tls-tls13-27

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

---

From: Eric Rescorla <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 18 Mar 2018 13:36:28 +0000

As you can see, -27 is out.

Sorry that I forgot to add a ChangeLog to this document. There should be no
technical changes, but a lot of editorial ones.

There is, I believe, one normative change, which is given here:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url1=draft-ietf-tls-tls13-26&url2=draft-ietf-tls-tls13-27#diff0059

"Servers MUST be prepared to receive ClientHellos that include this
extension but do not include 0x0304 in the list of versions."

This MUST used to be a "should", but I think it's reasonably clear it
actually needs to be a MUST.

-Ekr

On Sun, Mar 18, 2018 at 1:20 PM, <[email-masked]> wrote:

> _______________________________________________
> TLS mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/tls
>