Subject: [TLS] Alissa Cooper's Yes on draft-ietf-tls-tls13-26: (with COMMENT)

From: Alissa Cooper <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 06 Mar 2018 11:11:58 -0800

Alissa Cooper has entered the following ballot position for
draft-ietf-tls-tls13-26: Yes

When responding, please keep the subject line intact and reply to all
email addresses included in the To and CC lines. (Feel free to cut this
introductory paragraph, however.)

Please refer to https://www.ietf.org/iesg/statement/discuss-criteria.html
for more information about IESG DISCUSS and COMMENT positions.

The document, along with other ballot positions, can be found here:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-tls-tls13/

----------------------------------------------------------------------
COMMENT:
----------------------------------------------------------------------

I found this document to be clear despite its length and complexity. The
Gen-ART reviewer wrote a lengthy review that I encourage the author/WG to look
at. Many of his comments relate to stylistic preferences in the text and some
of them might have been more actionable earlier in the process (e.g., the
suggestion for a minor error code, which I like but wouldn't hold this up
over), but they are worth reviewing. For example, I was also confused about the
use of "fatal alert" versus "error alert," and I also found the invocation of
the SNI check in 4.6.1 to be introduced abruptly.