Subject: [TLS] Alexey Melnikov's Yes on draft-ietf-tls-dnssec-chain-extension-07: (with COMMENT)

From: Alexey Melnikov <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 21 Mar 2018 07:56:53 -0700

Alexey Melnikov has entered the following ballot position for
draft-ietf-tls-dnssec-chain-extension-07: Yes

When responding, please keep the subject line intact and reply to all
email addresses included in the To and CC lines. (Feel free to cut this
introductory paragraph, however.)

Please refer to https://www.ietf.org/iesg/statement/discuss-criteria.html
for more information about IESG DISCUSS and COMMENT positions.

The document, along with other ballot positions, can be found here:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-tls-dnssec-chain-extension/

----------------------------------------------------------------------
COMMENT:
----------------------------------------------------------------------

Now that TLS 1.3 is approved for publication, I think adding a Normative
Reference to TLS 1.3 is no brainer. I am clearing my DISCUSS on the assumption
that this would be fixed before publication of the RFC.

1) TLS 1.3 needs to be a normative reference, but it is not even listed in
References.

2) The first mention of NSEC3 need a normative reference.