Subject: [TLS] Can version number 0x304 be used now?

From: Peter Wu <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 29 Mar 2018 16:30:03 +0200

Hey all,

With draft-ietf-tls13-28 being approved by the IESG, can implementations
already start using the TLS 1.3 version number (0x304) rather than the
draft version indicators? Or should they wait until publication of the
final RFC?

If it can already be used, then I'll ensure that Wireshark 2.6 will have
support for TLS 1.3 (0x304) and close
https://bugs.wireshark.org/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=12779
-- 
Kind regards,
Peter Wu
https://lekensteyn.nl

---

From: Benjamin Kaduk <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 29 Mar 2018 09:38:09 -0500

> draft version indicators? Or should they wait until publication of the

You/we should wait until the publication of the final RFC.

-Ben

---

From: Eric Rescorla <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 29 Mar 2018 08:18:40 -0700

We (Firefox/NSS) intend to not use 0304 until the RFC is published. Of
course, it might be safe for Wireshark to start earlier as its compat story
is different.

-Ekr

On Thu, Mar 29, 2018 at 7:38 AM, Benjamin Kaduk <[email-masked]> wrote:

> _______________________________________________
> TLS mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/tls
>