Subject: [TLS] I-D Action: draft-ietf-tls-subcerts-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 17 Aug 2018 11:19:28 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Transport Layer Security WG of the IETF.

        Title           : Delegated Credentials for TLS
        Authors         : Richard Barnes
                          Subodh Iyengar
                          Nick Sullivan
                          Eric Rescorla
	Filename        : draft-ietf-tls-subcerts-02.txt
	Pages           : 12
	Date            : 2018-08-17

Abstract:
   The organizational separation between the operator of a TLS server
   and the certification authority can create limitations.  For example,
   the lifetime of certificates, how they may be used, and the
   algorithms they support are ultimately determined by the
   certification authority.  This document describes a mechanism by
   which operators may delegate their own credentials for use in TLS,
   without breaking compatibility with clients that do not support this
   specification.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-tls-subcerts/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-tls-subcerts-02
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-tls-subcerts-02

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-tls-subcerts-02

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

---

From: Nick Sullivan <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 21 Aug 2018 16:58:17 -0700

tlswg,

After incorporating feedback from the working group, we have published
draft 02 of Delegated Credentials. It contains the following changes from
draft -01:

 (*) indicates changes to the wire protocol.
- Change public key type. (*)
- Change DelegationUsage extension to be NULL and define its object
identifier.
- Drop support for TLS 1.2.
- Add the protocol version and credential signature algorithm to the
Credential structure. (*)
- Specify undefined behavior in a few cases: when the client receives a DC
without indicated support; when the client indicates the extension in an
invalid protocol version; and when DCs are sent as extensions to
certificates other than the end-entity certificate.

Nick

On Fri, Aug 17, 2018 at 11:19 AM <[email-masked]> wrote:

> _______________________________________________
> TLS mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/tls
>