Subject: [TLS] [Errata Held for Document Update] RFC8422 (5466)

From: RFC Errata System <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 17 Aug 2018 15:32:51 -0700 (PDT)

The following errata report has been held for document update 
for RFC8422, "Elliptic Curve Cryptography (ECC) Cipher Suites for Transport Layer Security (TLS) Versions 1.2 and Earlier". 

--------------------------------------
You may review the report below and at:
http://www.rfc-editor.org/errata/eid5466

--------------------------------------
Status: Held for Document Update
Type: Editorial

Reported by: Masato Gosui <[email-masked]>
Date Reported: 2018-08-17
Held by: Benjamin Kaduk (IESG)

Section: 5.3

Original Text
-------------
   Actions of the sender:

   The server constructs an appropriate certificate chain and conveys it
   to the client in the Certificate message.  If the client has used a
   Supported Elliptic Curves Extension, the public key in the server's
   certificate MUST respect the client's choice of elliptic curves.  A
   server that cannot satisfy this requirement MUST NOT choose an ECC
   cipher suite in its ServerHello message.)

Corrected Text
--------------
   Actions of the sender:

   The server constructs an appropriate certificate chain and conveys it
   to the client in the Certificate message.  If the client has used a
   Supported Elliptic Curves Extension, the public key in the server's
   certificate MUST respect the client's choice of elliptic curves.  A
   server that cannot satisfy this requirement MUST NOT choose an ECC
   cipher suite in its ServerHello message.

Notes
-----
This removes the spurious closing parenthesis of the last sentence of the "Actions of the sender" paragraph.

--------------------------------------
RFC8422 (draft-ietf-tls-rfc4492bis-17)
--------------------------------------
Title               : Elliptic Curve Cryptography (ECC) Cipher Suites for Transport Layer Security (TLS) Versions 1.2 and Earlier
Publication Date    : August 2018
Author(s)           : Y. Nir, S. Josefsson, M. Pegourie-Gonnard
Category            : PROPOSED STANDARD
Source              : Transport Layer Security
Area                : Security
Stream              : IETF
Verifying Party     : IESG