Subject: [TLS] CWTs in TLS

From: Hannes Tschofenig <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 12 Mar 2019 08:59:01 +0000

Hi all,

I submitted a short document about the use of CBOR Web Tokens (CWTs) in TLS. The document is quite simple in the sense that it registers a new "certificate type" into an already existing registry.

Here is the draft: https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-tschofenig-tls-cwt-00

At the moment, this is a bit of an experiment. We hope to get some code size improvements over the use of X.509 certificates.

Ciao
Hannes & Mathias

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The contents of this email and any attachments are confidential and may also be privileged. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender immediately and do not disclose the contents to any other person, use it for any purpose, or store or copy the information in any medium. Thank you.

---

From: Jim Schaad <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 12 Mar 2019 11:42:03 -0700

Coming out of the EDHOC discussions, I was thinking about doing this as
well.  I will definitely read it before Prague.

Jim

From: TLS <[email-masked]> On Behalf Of Hannes Tschofenig
Sent: Tuesday, March 12, 2019 1:59 AM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [TLS] CWTs in TLS

Hi all,

I submitted a short document about the use of CBOR Web Tokens (CWTs) in TLS.
The document is quite simple in the sense that it registers a new
"certificate type" into an already existing registry. 

At the moment, this is a bit of an experiment. We hope to get some code size
improvements over the use of X.509 certificates. 

Ciao

Hannes & Mathias

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The contents of this email and any attachments are
confidential and may also be privileged. If you are not the intended
recipient, please notify the sender immediately and do not disclose the
contents to any other person, use it for any purpose, or store or copy the
information in any medium. Thank you.