Subject: [TLS] I-D Action: draft-ietf-tls-tls13-cert-with-extern-psk-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 31 May 2019 12:26:43 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Transport Layer Security WG of the IETF.

        Title           : TLS 1.3 Extension for Certificate-based Authentication with an External Pre-Shared Key
        Author          : Russ Housley
	Filename        : draft-ietf-tls-tls13-cert-with-extern-psk-02.txt
	Pages           : 12
	Date            : 2019-05-31

Abstract:
   This document specifies a TLS 1.3 extension that allows a server to
   authenticate with a combination of a certificate and an external pre-
   shared key (PSK).

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-tls-tls13-cert-with-extern-psk/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-tls-tls13-cert-with-extern-psk-02
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-tls-tls13-cert-with-extern-psk-02

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-tls-tls13-cert-with-extern-psk-02

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

---

From: Russ Housley <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 31 May 2019 15:37:30 -0400

I made the updates based on the discussion that came after the WG Last Call:

Section 5: the external PSK can be known to parties other than the client and server.

Section 7: Addition of 5 paragraphs about the reason it is okay for the external PSK can be known to parties other than the client and server, and also the need for HKDF to be a PRF to obtain quantum resistance.

Section 8: Added the privacy considerations.

Section 9: Added more people to Acknowledgements.

Section 10: Added [GGM1986] and [K2016] as informational references.

Russ

> On May 31, 2019, at 3:26 PM, [email-masked] wrote:
> 
>