Subject: [TLS] TLS CCS message

From: ratheesh <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 12 Dec 2019 06:17:47 -0700 (MST)

Hi List,

i have two questions:

1.  As per TLS 1.2 RFC,  CCS message is 1 byte with value 1. This should be
encrypted with current cipher algorithm. My questions: when i captured
packet, i could see that packet is not encrypted ( i could see value one).

2.  TLS CCS packet is not encrypted with block cipher algorithms ? current
cipher algorith is AES256-SHA256 in my case. but total size of CCS record is
6 bytes. 

--
Sent from: http://ietf.10.n7.nabble.com/IETF-TLS-f240755.html

---

From: Joseph Salowey <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 15 Dec 2019 20:33:52 -0800

> packet, i could see that packet is not encrypted ( i could see value one).
[Joe] If this is an initial handshake then the current cipher is null and
the CCS is not encrypted.  Encryption under the new cipher starts after the
CCS message.

> 2.  TLS CCS packet is not encrypted with block cipher algorithms ?
> _______________________________________________
> TLS mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/tls
>