Subject: [TLS] ESNI Android Implementation

From: Justice Parham <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 21 Jan 2020 03:29:36 -0500

Hello tlsWG,

First I would like to introduce myself to you. My name is Justice Parham
(github mrsylerpowers) a current Senior Undergraduate Student at North
Carolina A&T State University. As my senior project I decided to create a
android system wide implementation of the ESNI Draft. I am planning on
implementing draft-ietf-tls-esni-02 because this is the version that
cloudflare currently has published on their servers. I am planning on
upgrading to newer versions of ESNI as more implementations come out on the
server side

My question to everyone is if creating this implementation will hurt or
help this document? I would really like for this to be a standard that is
used everywhere in every browser and in every computer. But I
understand draft-ietf-tls-sni-encryption
3.4
<https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-tls-sni-encryption-09#section-3.4>'s
importance about not sticking out. Is there a time where vendors all plan
to implement or do you think this is a perfect time to create this?