Subject: [TLS] Éric Vyncke's No Objection on draft-ietf-tls-exported-authenticator-14: (with COMMENT)

From: Éric Vyncke via Datatracker <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 06 Apr 2021 08:17:18 -0700

Éric Vyncke has entered the following ballot position for
draft-ietf-tls-exported-authenticator-14: No Objection

When responding, please keep the subject line intact and reply to all
email addresses included in the To and CC lines. (Feel free to cut this
introductory paragraph, however.)

Please refer to https://www.ietf.org/iesg/statement/discuss-criteria.html
for more information about IESG DISCUSS and COMMENT positions.

The document, along with other ballot positions, can be found here:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-tls-exported-authenticator/

----------------------------------------------------------------------
COMMENT:
----------------------------------------------------------------------

Thank you for the work put into this document.

Please find below some non-blocking COMMENT points (but replies would be
appreciated), and some nits.

I hope that this helps to improve the document,

Regards,

-éric

== COMMENTS ==

I am trusting the WG and the responsible AD for ensuring that the specific
section in references are the correct ones.

-- Section 2 --
Unsure where the "terminology" part is...

Also, should "Client" and "Server" be defined here ? Reading section 3, I am
still unsure whether the "client" and "server" are the "TLS client" and "TLS
server" ...

In the same vein, a small figure with all parties involved would be welcome by
the reader.

== NITS ==

In some places, 'TLS13' is used as an anchor rather than 'RFC8446'.

Sometimes, the document uses 'octet' and sometimes 'bytes'.

-- Section 1 --
Spurious '.' in the last §.

-- Section 4 --
"as its as its" ?