Subject: [TLS] Weekly github digest (TLS Working Group Drafts)

From: Repository Activity Summary Bot <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 25 Apr 2021 03:43:15 -0400 (EDT)

Issues
------
* tlswg/draft-ietf-tls-esni (+2/-4/💬25)
  2 issues created:
  - Extensibility (by chris-wood)
    https://github.com/tlswg/draft-ietf-tls-esni/issues/427 
  - Should IP addresses be allowed for the client-facing server? (by chris-wood)
    https://github.com/tlswg/draft-ietf-tls-esni/issues/424 

  2 issues received 25 new comments:
  - #427 Extensibility (1 by sftcd)
    https://github.com/tlswg/draft-ietf-tls-esni/issues/427 [design] 
  - #424 Should IP addresses be allowed for the client-facing server? (24 by bemasc, chris-wood, davidben, martinthomson, sftcd)
    https://github.com/tlswg/draft-ietf-tls-esni/issues/424 

  4 issues closed:
  - Stateless HRR and split mode https://github.com/tlswg/draft-ietf-tls-esni/issues/333 [design] 
  - "Don't stick out" considerations for ECH https://github.com/tlswg/draft-ietf-tls-esni/issues/354 
  - Early data and ClientHelloOuter interaction https://github.com/tlswg/draft-ietf-tls-esni/issues/408 
  - The serverhello.random trick is ugly and might interact with ticket handling... https://github.com/tlswg/draft-ietf-tls-esni/issues/399 

* tlswg/tls13-spec (+0/-0/💬2)
  1 issues received 2 new comments:
  - #1226 Timing of sending NST from the server (2 by ekr, martinthomson)
    https://github.com/tlswg/tls13-spec/issues/1226 

* tlswg/dtls13-spec (+1/-0/💬2)
  1 issues created:
  - It seems there a merge conflict. (by lvht)
    https://github.com/tlswg/dtls13-spec/issues/243 

  1 issues received 2 new comments:
  - #243 It seems there a merge conflict. (2 by ekr)
    https://github.com/tlswg/dtls13-spec/issues/243 

* tlswg/dtls-conn-id (+7/-5/💬5)
  7 issues created:
  - Lars Eggert's IESG review (by thomas-fossati)
    https://github.com/tlswg/dtls-conn-id/issues/115 
  - Warren Kumari's IESG review (by thomas-fossati)
    https://github.com/tlswg/dtls-conn-id/issues/112 
  - John Scudder's IESG review (by thomas-fossati)
    https://github.com/tlswg/dtls-conn-id/issues/109 
  - Martin Duke's IESG review (by thomas-fossati)
    https://github.com/tlswg/dtls-conn-id/issues/107 
  - Francesca Palombini's IESG review (by thomas-fossati)
    https://github.com/tlswg/dtls-conn-id/issues/106 
  - Rob Wilton's IESG review (by thomas-fossati)
    https://github.com/tlswg/dtls-conn-id/issues/104 
  - Éric Vyncke's IESG review (by thomas-fossati)
    https://github.com/tlswg/dtls-conn-id/issues/103 

  3 issues received 5 new comments:
  - #112 Warren Kumari's IESG review (2 by boaks, thomas-fossati)
    https://github.com/tlswg/dtls-conn-id/issues/112 
  - #104 Rob Wilton's IESG review (1 by thomas-fossati)
    https://github.com/tlswg/dtls-conn-id/issues/104 
  - #103 Éric Vyncke's IESG review (2 by boaks)
    https://github.com/tlswg/dtls-conn-id/issues/103 

  5 issues closed:
  - Lars Eggert's IESG review https://github.com/tlswg/dtls-conn-id/issues/115 
  - Warren Kumari's IESG review https://github.com/tlswg/dtls-conn-id/issues/112 
  - Francesca Palombini's IESG review https://github.com/tlswg/dtls-conn-id/issues/106 
  - Warren Kumari's IESG review https://github.com/tlswg/dtls-conn-id/issues/112 
  - Rob Wilton's IESG review https://github.com/tlswg/dtls-conn-id/issues/104 

Pull requests
-------------
* tlswg/draft-ietf-tls-esni (+3/-5/💬10)
  3 pull requests submitted:
  - Aligning API with draft-irtf-cfrg-hpke-08 (by hannestschofenig)
    https://github.com/tlswg/draft-ietf-tls-esni/pull/428 
  - Move public_name to a mandatory extension. (by chris-wood)
    https://github.com/tlswg/draft-ietf-tls-esni/pull/426 
  - Relax public_name to public_identity and describe how clients construct CHOuter based on it. (by chris-wood)
    https://github.com/tlswg/draft-ietf-tls-esni/pull/425 

  3 pull requests received 10 new comments:
  - #425 Relax public_name to public_identity and describe how clients construct CHOuter based on it. (2 by bemasc, chris-wood)
    https://github.com/tlswg/draft-ietf-tls-esni/pull/425 
  - #418 Split-mode HRR is just hard  (4 by chris-wood, davidben, martinthomson)
    https://github.com/tlswg/draft-ietf-tls-esni/pull/418 
  - #413 Add MUST for clients to validate ECHConfig.contents.public_name. (4 by chris-wood, davidben, martinthomson)
    https://github.com/tlswg/draft-ietf-tls-esni/pull/413 

  5 pull requests merged:
  - Aligning API with draft-irtf-cfrg-hpke-08
    https://github.com/tlswg/draft-ietf-tls-esni/pull/428 
  - Split-mode HRR is just hard 
    https://github.com/tlswg/draft-ietf-tls-esni/pull/418 
  - Add MUST for clients to validate ECHConfig.contents.public_name.
    https://github.com/tlswg/draft-ietf-tls-esni/pull/413 
  - Mirror early_data in ClientHelloOuter when applicable.
    https://github.com/tlswg/draft-ietf-tls-esni/pull/415 
  - Relax computation of the acceptance signal.
    https://github.com/tlswg/draft-ietf-tls-esni/pull/420 

* tlswg/dtls13-spec (+0/-1/💬0)
  1 pull requests merged:
  - Clients SHOULD offer a connection ID
    https://github.com/tlswg/dtls13-spec/pull/239 

* tlswg/dtls-conn-id (+7/-6/💬1)
  7 pull requests submitted:
  - Lars' grammar fixes (by thomas-fossati)
    https://github.com/tlswg/dtls-conn-id/pull/116 
  - address Warren's review (by thomas-fossati)
    https://github.com/tlswg/dtls-conn-id/pull/114 
  - the "nits" part of Éric's review comments (by thomas-fossati)
    https://github.com/tlswg/dtls-conn-id/pull/113 
  - John Scudder's Improved Peer Address Update Text (by hannestschofenig)
    https://github.com/tlswg/dtls-conn-id/pull/111 
  - John Scudder's remark about the presentation language (by hannestschofenig)
    https://github.com/tlswg/dtls-conn-id/pull/110 
  - apply Francesca's comments (by thomas-fossati)
    https://github.com/tlswg/dtls-conn-id/pull/108 
  - rephrasing the "cid with encoded length" para (by thomas-fossati)
    https://github.com/tlswg/dtls-conn-id/pull/105 

  1 pull requests received 1 new comments:
  - #116 Lars' grammar fixes (1 by ekr)
    https://github.com/tlswg/dtls-conn-id/pull/116 

  6 pull requests merged:
  - John Scudder's remark about the presentation language
    https://github.com/tlswg/dtls-conn-id/pull/110 
  - Lars' grammar fixes
    https://github.com/tlswg/dtls-conn-id/pull/116 
  - address Warren's review
    https://github.com/tlswg/dtls-conn-id/pull/114 
  - the "nits" part of Éric's review comments
    https://github.com/tlswg/dtls-conn-id/pull/113 
  - apply Francesca's comments
    https://github.com/tlswg/dtls-conn-id/pull/108 
  - rephrasing the "cid with encoded length" para
    https://github.com/tlswg/dtls-conn-id/pull/105 

Repositories tracked by this digest:
-----------------------------------
* https://github.com/tlswg/draft-ietf-tls-semistatic-dh
* https://github.com/tlswg/draft-ietf-tls-md5-sha1-deprecate
* https://github.com/tlswg/draft-ietf-tls-esni
* https://github.com/tlswg/certificate-compression
* https://github.com/tlswg/draft-ietf-tls-external-psk-importer
* https://github.com/tlswg/draft-ietf-tls-ticketrequest
* https://github.com/tlswg/tls13-spec
* https://github.com/tlswg/tls-flags
* https://github.com/tlswg/dtls13-spec
* https://github.com/tlswg/dtls-conn-id
* https://github.com/tlswg/tls-subcerts
* https://github.com/tlswg/oldversions-deprecate
* https://github.com/tlswg/sniencryption
* https://github.com/tlswg/tls-exported-authenticator
* https://github.com/tlswg/draft-ietf-tls-ctls
* https://github.com/tlswg/external-psk-design-team