Subject: [TLS] Last Call: <draft-ietf-tls-external-psk-guidance-03.txt> (Guidance for External PSK Usage in TLS) to Informational RFC

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 29 Oct 2021 09:16:38 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the Transport Layer Security WG (tls) to
consider the following document: - 'Guidance for External PSK Usage in TLS'
  <draft-ietf-tls-external-psk-guidance-03.txt> as Informational RFC

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits final
comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2021-11-19. Exceptionally, comments may
be sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the beginning
of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   This document provides usage guidance for external Pre-Shared Keys
   (PSKs) in Transport Layer Security (TLS) 1.3 as defined in RFC 8446.
   This document lists TLS security properties provided by PSKs under
   certain assumptions, and then demonstrates how violations of these
   assumptions lead to attacks.  This document discusses PSK use cases
   and provisioning processes.  This document provides advice for
   applications to help meet these assumptions.  This document also
   lists the privacy and security properties that are not provided by
   TLS 1.3 when external PSKs are used.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-tls-external-psk-guidance/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.