Subject: [tmrg] ESnet network testbed announcement

From: Lachlan Andrew <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 22 Sep 2010 10:54:59 +1000

Forwarded on behalf of Brian Tierney:

ESnet Call for Proposals: Advanced Network Initiative Testbed

ESnet is now soliciting research proposals for its ARRA-funded
testbed. It currently provides network researchers with a rapidly
reconfigurable high-performance network research environment where
reproducible tests can be run. This will eventually evolve into a
nationwide 100Gbps testbed, available for use to any researcher whose
proposal is accepted.

Sample Research
Researchers can use the testbed to prototype, test, and validate
cutting edge networking concepts, for example, projects including:
       • Path computation algorithms that incorporate information
about hybrid layer 1, 2 and 3 paths, and support 'cut-through'
routing.
       • New transport protocols for high speed networks
       • Protection and recovery algorithms
       • Automatic classification of large bulk data flows
       • New routing protocols
       • New network management techniques
       • Novel packet processing algorithms
·       High-throughput middleware and applications research

Please look at the description
  https://sites.google.com/a/lbl.gov/ani-testbed/testbed-description
to get a more detailed idea of the current testbed capabilities.

Important Dates
The proposal review panel will discuss and review proposals twice
yearly. The first round of proposals is due October 1, 2010, and
decisions will be made by Dec 10, 2010. After that the committee will
meet approximately every six months to accept additional proposals and
review progress of current projects.

Proposals should be sent to: [email-masked]

More details on the testbed and the brief proposal process can be
found here: https://sites.google.com/a/lbl.gov/ani-testbed

-- 
Lachlan Andrew  Centre for Advanced Internet Architectures (CAIA)
Swinburne University of Technology, Melbourne, Australia
<http://caia.swin.edu.au/cv/landrew>
Ph +61 3 9214 4837