Subject: Final vs intermediate screens

From: Patrick Germain <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 5 Nov 2002 15:17:03 -0500

Hi

Is there a way to dermine whether the received screen (from the host) is the
final screen (host is now waiting for user input) or an intermediate screen
(screen that will be followed by one or many screens
without user interaction).

I know that the Read Modified All command exists nut the only time I saw it
in action was with
Light Pen application.

In TN5250 there are commands like Output Only Operation or Put/Get Operation
that
indicate you whether its a final or intermediate screen.

Thanks

------------------------------------
Patrick GERMAIN

Senior Architect
Farabi Technology Corp.
(1 514) 332 34 55 - Ext 233

[email-masked]
------------------------------------

---

From: Jim Mathewson II <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 5 Nov 2002 15:23:11 -0500

Refer to
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-tn3270e-extensions-04.txt

                      Patrick Germain
                      <pgermain@FARABI.        To:       "TN3270 Group (E-mail)" <[email-masked]>
                      COM>                     cc:
                      Sent by:                 Subject:  Final vs intermediate screens
                      owner-tn3270e@LIS
                      T.NIH.GOV

                      11/05/02 03:17 PM

Hi

Is there a way to dermine whether the received screen (from the host) is
the
final screen (host is now waiting for user input) or an intermediate screen
(screen that will be followed by one or many screens
without user interaction).

In TN5250 there are commands like Output Only Operation or Put/Get
Operation
that
indicate you whether its a final or intermediate screen.

Thanks

Senior Architect
Farabi Technology Corp.

[email-masked]