Subject: let your yes be 1 and your no be ?

From: "Dave Hefford" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 16 Jun 2003 12:01:50 +0100

Hi,

rfc 2877 section 7 updates draft-ietf-tn3270e-tn5250e by saying

The IBMTRANSFORM and IBMASCII899 values correspond to:

        '1' = Yes  '2' = No

yet the table of example values still shows 1|0 and the examples in 8 show
"0" and 0x30.

Please could someone confirm what should I be sending for No?

Appologies if this has been dealt with before but at the moment "I'm just
the protocol that just can't say no" ;-)

Dave

________________________________________________________________________
This email has been scanned for all viruses by the MessageLabs Email
Security System. For more information on a proactive email security
service working around the clock, around the globe, visit
http://www.messagelabs.com
________________________________________________________________________

---

From: Jeff Stevens <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 16 Jun 2003 09:20:42 -0500

> yet the table of example values still shows 1|0 and the examples in 8 show

It seems we have a documentation escape.  You should be sending either 1
or 0, so no=0.  I will fix this in the next draft we are planning to
post shortly.
--
Jeffrey Stevens