Subject: [Tools-team] Problem with I-D Announcements / Recent Datatracker Update

From: Glen Barney <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 08 Nov 2010 17:20:42 -0800

Tools Team -

Please forgive the crossposting, but this is urgent.

We are getting reports that I-D-Announcements are not going out
correctly to the list.

One complainant indicated that the MIME headers were going out
malformed.  Other evidence suggests that some digest readers are getting
the digests, but individual list subscribers are getting no mail, or
blank mail, or invalid mail.

The old ID Submission Tool uses "NextPart" as a MIME boundary, which is
obviously very bad... but it has been doing that for the past 3+ years
with no problem.

Mailman has also been correctly handling those things for several years,
also with no problem.

The only thing which has changed in the processing chain recently is
that the Django Datatracker is now handling the processing of "Send
Scheduled Announcements" via this cron job:

*/15 * * * *    /a/www/ietf-datatracker/web/ietf/bin/send-scheduled-mail all

We implemented that change during the upload blackout before the IETF
meeting; all announcements since uploading reopened yesterday appear to
be problematic.

This is the reason I'm contacting these lists.  If someone could have a
look at this quickly, and determine what needs to be fixed, that would
be very helpful.

Thank you,
Glen

---

From: Henrik Levkowetz <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 09 Nov 2010 14:23:57 +0800

Hi Glen,

I'll start looking at this at once.

Best,

	Henrik