Subject: Hotel Information Update

From: Andrew Drapp <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 20 Oct 1998 14:25:42 +0900

There are a couple of updates to the previous Hotel Information
email.

The location of the meeting on the second and third day will be:

Room 111, 9F
Omori Bellport B Bldg. 
Minami-Oi 26-2-6
Shinagawa-ku, Tokyo

Only the name and the floor are different.  It is actually the
same building, so the map is fine.

Also, the phone number for the Art Hotel was incorrect.  It
should have been: +81-3-3766-7001.  

My apologies for the above mistakes, and any inconveniences it
may have caused.

We would also like to add a couple of hotels to the list:

Both hotels have English speaking staff, and are located next to
each other across from Shinagawa Station.  We contacted the
Hotels located in Omori described in the previous email, and
asked if they had English speaking staff, and the answer was
"sort of".   They said that they had staff who could speak "a
little English".  So, your mileage may vary.  As such, it may be
safer to go with the Prince Hotels described below.

Takanawa Prince Hotel (including the New Takanawa
Prince Hotel and the Takanawa Prince Hotel Sakura Tower)
TEL:+81-3-3447-1111
FAX:+81-3-3446-0849
Address: Takanawa 3-13-1, Minato-ku, Tokyo 108-8612
URLs: http://www.princehotels.co.jp/takanawa-e/index.html
  http://www.princehotels.co.jp/newtakanawa-e/index.html
  http://www.princehotels.co.jp/sakura-e/index.html
Rates: From 19,000yen to 33,000yen (plus tax)
Details:  This hotel is of a much higher class than any of the
other hotels recommended.  The rates are as given on their web
pages, and they are labeled as "internet special rates" so you
may get a better deal booking through the web pages.

Shinagawa Prince Hotel
TEL:+81-3-3440-1111
FAX:+81-3-5421-7888
Address: Takanawa 4-10-30, Minato-ku, Tokyo 108-8611
URL: http://www.princehotels.co.jp/shinagawa-e/index.html
Rates: From 10,900yen to 23,300yen (plus tax)
Details: This is a "Business" hotel of similar quality to the
previously recommended hotels in Omori (but with definite English
speaking staff).  The rates given are also listed as "internet
special rates".

Access to the Prince Hotels from Narita:
The Prince Hotel operates a Limousine bus service that goes to
the above hotels from Narita Airport.  Each bus may stop at a
couple of other locations so be careful where you exit.  Right
inside the terminal there is a Limousine bus counter where you
can purchase your ticket (approximately 3,000 to 4,000 yen). 
There will be English speaking staff to help you.

Access to Omori from Shinagawa:
This was covered in the previous email.  If you choose to stay in
Shinagawa, you will need to go to Omori each morning during rush
hour.  However, since you are going the opposite direction from
everyone else, it shouldn't be too crowded.  As noted in the
previous email, you will need to take the JR Keihin Tohoku line
(light blue) two stops (~5 minutes) to get to Omori station. 
There are several different companies operating out of Shinagawa,
so make sure you enter the JR part of the station.  

If you have any questions or comments, feel free to ask me.

Regards,

Andrew Drapp

--
Andrew Drapp
[email-masked]
Hitachi Systems Development Laboratory
Ozenji 1099, Asao, Kawasaki, 215-0014 JAPAN
TEL:+81-44-966-9111   FAX:+81-44-966-1796
PGP Fingerprint: 84D8 3D19 018E 9385 6581  0081 C89C D2AD F06A 565F

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Message addressed to: [email-masked]
Archive available at: http://www.elistx.com/archives/ietf-trade/
To (un)subscribe send a message with "subscribe" or "unsubscribe" in the
body to: [email-masked]