Subject: Confirming Dates of Tokyo Meeting

From: "Donald E. Eastlake 3rd" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 04 Oct 1998 21:37:08 -0400

Hi,

I have received NO responses indicating that there is any person who
would attend the Tokyo meeting if it were 10-12 Nov. but would not if
it were one day earlier as the host, Hitachi, has requested and as I
originally announced it.

Therefore, as far as I am concerned, the dates are fixed at 9-11
November.

Thus far I have received commitments for 5 people from 4 different
organization (excluding Hitachi) to attend.  As previously announced,
the meeting will not be held unless we have reasonably firm
commitments from at least 15 people to attend and receive those
commitments by around 10 October.  I am not surprised at the current
response as people frequently don't commit until a deadline
approaches.  Please send confirmations to me.

Although it varies by airline, I found that it frequently makes little
difference to the cost of air travel to reserve far in advance as long
as you reserve at least one, or in some cases, two weeks in advance.
November is also in the low rate season.  So if you get your
commitment to attend in now, you should be able to wait unitl late
October to reserve if you wish.  As pointed out in a previous message,
our hosts have located hotels very close to the meeting site with room
rates under $70 a night.

Thanks,
Donald

------- Forwarded Message

Message-Id:  <[email-masked]>
To:  [email-masked]
cc:  [email-masked]
Subject:  Dates for Tokyo meeting
Date:  Tue, 29 Sep 1998 23:26:18 -0400
From:  "Donald E. Eastlake 3rd" <[email-masked]>

I have received one message indicating that moving the dates of the
scheduled Tokyo meeting one day earlier, from 10-12 Nov. to 9-11 Nov.,
could cause difficulties for some people.  Is that the case?

For the further information of those who happen to be in the US, I
talked to a travel agent today who indicated that inexpensive
excursion fares sometimes depend on including a Saturday night in your
trip and sometimes do not.  And where the fare basis does require
this, the requirement is not that you actually stay over a Saturday
night at your destination but merely that midnight Saturday night
fall between your departure time and your return arrival time. For
example, you could be airborne at midnight Saturday night and it
would still count.

Thanks,
Donald
=====================================================================
 Donald E. Eastlake 3rd   +1 978-287-4877    [email-masked]
 318 Acton Street         +1 978-371-7148(fax)       [email-masked]
 Carlisle, MA 01741 USA   +1 914 784 7913
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

------- End of Forwarded Message

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Message addressed to: [email-masked]
Archive available at: http://www.elistx.com/archives/ietf-trade/
To (un)subscribe send a message with "subscribe" or "unsubscribe" in the
body to: [email-masked]