Subject: IOTP V1.0 and Signature docs

From: "Donald E. Eastlake 3rd" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 27 Oct 1998 00:39:41 -0500

Several different forms of the Version 1.0 IOTP spec are available at
<ftp://ftp.pothole.com/pub/ietf-trade> including a version I am submitting
to Internet Drafts.

Also in that directory is an PDF file of a partial draft of the XML
signature document.  I expect to have an updated version within a few
days with substantial additional material which will also be in
Internet Draft form and targetted to be an IETF Standard so you may
want to wait for that.

Thanks,
Donald
=====================================================================
 Donald E. Eastlake 3rd   +1 978-287-4877    [email-masked]
 318 Acton Street         +1 978-371-7148(fax)       [email-masked]
 Carlisle, MA 01741 USA   +1 914 784 7913
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Message addressed to: [email-masked]
Archive available at: http://www.elistx.com/archives/ietf-trade/
To (un)subscribe send a message with "subscribe" or "unsubscribe" in the
body to: [email-masked]

---

From: Yoshiaki KAWATSURA <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 28 Oct 1998 17:21:20 +0900 (JST)

I have a question on IOTP Version 1.0.

  Q:What's differences between the Packaged Content in Payment Component
  and the TradingRoleData Component when they are used to pass the data
  , which are required by the Payment Handler from the Merchant to the
  Payment Handler via the Consumer?

  In IOTP Version 0.99, the Packaged Content in Payment Component is used to
  pass the data from the Merchant to the Payment Handler via the Consumer.
  In IOTP Version 1.0, the above behavior can be implemented by 
  TradingRoleData as well.
  What should we explain the difference between the two components?
 
  The description of PackagedContent in Payment Component(6.8 in IOTP 1.0):
  "The optional element contains "user" data defined by the Merchant
  which is required by the Payment Handler."
   
  The description of TradingRoleData(See 7.9 Payment Response Block in 
  IOTP 1.0 ):
  "The Trading Roke Data Component Contains opaque data which is 
  need to be communicated between the Trading Roles involved in an OTP 
  Transaction."

 --
  Additionally,that might be the detail point, there is no description 
  on the xml data of ErrorNetLocn in the Trading Role Element(see 
  6.5.2 in IOTP 1.0).
  
----
Yoshiaki Kawatsura : E-mail [email-masked]
 Business & Information Systems Development Devision, Hitachi,Ltd.
Voice: +81-44-549-1713(direct) Fax: +81-44-549-1721