Subject: Edited Draft Minutes of TRADE WG Yokohama meeting

From: Eastlake III Donald-LDE008 <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 23 Jul 2002 14:46:43 -0400

54th IETF Yokohama, Japan
July 15, 2002 13:00-15:00
Internet Open Trading Protocol WG

Minutes reported by Makoto Iguchi

Acting Chair: Joel Halpern
Chair: Donald Eastlake 3rd

1. Agenda Bashing
No changes.

2. Document Status
Joel Halpern reported the document status as follows:

o The document currently in RFC editor queue is as follows:
- Internet Open Trade Protocol Version 2 Requirement
  [draft-ietf-trade-iotp2-req-01.txt]

o The document approved by IESG is as follows:
- Requirements for Generic Voucher Trading
   [draft-ietf-trade-drt-requirements-03.txt]
   (The document is returned for wording improvement)

o The documents with Area Director/IESG is as follows:
- SET supplement for the v1.0 Internet Open Trading Protocol (IOTP)
   [draft-ietf-trade-iotp-v1.0-set-02.txt]
- Payment API for v1.0 Internet Open Trading Protocol
   [draft-ietf-trade-iotp-v1.0-papi-05.txt]
- Electronic Commerce Modeling Language (ECML) Version 2 Requirements
   [draft-ietf-trade-ecml2-req-05.txt]
- Internet Open Trading Protocol (IOTP) Version 1 Errata
   [draft-ietf-trade-iotp-v1-errata-01.txt]

3. XML Voucher Updates
Ko Fujimura presented the updates made to the document "XML Voucher:
Generic Voucher Language" [draft-ietf-trade-voucher-lang-03.txt].
The major updates were as follows:

1) changed the targetNamespace format from "http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfcXXXX"
to "urn:ietf:params:xml:schema:vts-lang" so as to comply with the
recent draft: The IETF XML Registry
[draft-mealling-iana-xmlns-registry-03.txt]

2) added IANA consideration section 7 for calling IANA to register
the schema.

One open issue, whether to add ID attribute to the <Voucher> element,
was addressed.  Ko proposed not to add the ID attribute, but to generate
the ID on the fly instead.  His proposal was put under the discussion
and no objection was made; The ID attribute would not be included in the
<Voucher> element if Donald accepts the idea.

Ko also reported on recent discussions with related consortiums, namely
IrFM (Infrared Financial Messaging) in IrDA, IXRetail (Retail Enterprise
Data in XML Initiative) in ARTS (Association for Retail Technology
Standards), WAP Forum (now Open Mobile Alliance), and MeT (Mobile electronic
Transactions). He emphasized the consistency of the VTS specifications to
other specifications developed by these consortiums (See Slides).

4. VTS-API Updates
Ko introduces the update made to the document "Voucher Trading System
Application Programming Interface (VTS-API)"
[draft-ietf-trade-voucher-vtsapi-02.txt].
The only update made to the document was the addition of a new exception
"FeatureNotAvailableException," which is to be returned when an
unsupported method is invoked.
There was no opposition to the update.

5. Voucher Implementation Demo
Makoto Iguchi presented how VTS-APIs are to be invoked by demonstrating
the actual voucher issuing/collecting applications and voucher wallet
application.  In the demo, he showed that the same APIs can be used
for handling vouchers regardless of whether the voucher storage is
implemented with a smartcard or an account (i.e. a database on a server).

6. Voucher Discussion
A straw poll was taken as to whether the XML Voucher and the VTS-API
proposals are ready to advance to Proposed Standard.  The consensus was to
proceed them to the Proposed Standard.  They are to be in WG last call
by August 2.

7. ECML V2 Specification:
Joel presented the updates made to the document "Electronic Commerce
Modeling
Language (ECML) Version 2 Specification"
[draft-ietf-trade-ecml2-spec-03.txt].  The updates were as follows:

1)Added several fields:
- the merchant to processor field
- Ecom_Wallet_Location field
- Ecom_User_Certificate_URL fields
- Ecom_Device fields
- Ecom_Loyalty_Card fields
- Ecom_UserData fields

2)Added an attribute:
- the "Mode" attribute

Joel also addressed that there was an controversy in the format Ecom_
UserData_Country in the mailing list.  The options presented include:

- use country code specified in ISO 3166
- use country code specified in ISO 3166 with escape value
   and _Country_Other field
- introduce a new registry

No conclusion was made at the meeting.

8. Future Actions/Meetings:
The author/editors volunteers for the document "SCCD using ECML
Specification" and "IOTP version 2 Specification" were asked, and
was agreed to be discussed in the mailing list.
Joel proposed to have the next trade WG meeting at Atlanta.