Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-trade-voucher-vtsapi-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 05 Jul 2002 06:35:11 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Internet Open Trading Protocol Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: Voucher Trading System Application Programming 
                          Interface (VTS-API)
	Author(s)	: M. Terada, K. Fujimura
	Filename	: draft-ietf-trade-voucher-vtsapi-02.txt
	Pages		: 26
	Date		: 03-Jul-02
	
This document specifies the Voucher Trading System Application
Programming Interface (VTS-API). The VTS-API allows a wallet or other
application to issue, transfer, and redeem vouchers in a uniform
manner independent of the VTS implementation. The VTS is a system to
securely transfer vouchers, e.g., coupons, tickets, loyalty points,
and gift certificates; this process is often necessary in the course
of payment and/or delivery transactions.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-trade-voucher-vtsapi-02.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-trade-voucher-vtsapi-02.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-trade-voucher-vtsapi-02.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.

---

From: Ko Fujimura <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 08 Jul 2002 11:56:26 +0900

Hello All,

We updated the VTS-API draft as you noticed by the IETF Announce.
The major changes we made from the previous version are following points:

(1) Modified the last paragraph of section 5.1 VTSManager as follows
    to clarify the meaning (editorial).

      A class that implements the VTSManager interface must have a public
      default constructor (a constructor without any parameters).  The VTS
      provides a name for such constructor so that the implementation class
      can bootstrap the interface.

(2) Introduced a new exception FeatureNotAvailableException and 
    Added the following paragraph to the end of section 5.4 VTSAgent:

      Some VTSAgents may not have all of the trading methods; a voucher
      collecting system doesn't require its VTSAgent to provide method for
      issuing or creating vouchers.  A VTSAgent returns
      FeatureNotAvailableException when an unsupported method is invoked.

    Added this exception to section 5.4.3 prepare, 5.4.4 issue, 5.4.5 transfer
    5.4.6 consume, 5.4.7 present, 5.4.10 create, and 5.10 Exceptions

# Profile specification for issuing, wallet, and collecting system might 
# be needed but we decided not to include it since this approach introduces 
# complexity without benefit, i.e., it is evident for a collecting system doesn't
# require the issuing method, although a system (e.g., a POS device) can be both 
# collecting and issuing system.

(3) Added the following paragraph to the end of section 5.7.1 register
    to clarify the case in which the voucher component has already been 
    registered.

      The method returns the registered voucher component if the specified
      DOM object has been already registered.  (No new voucher component is
      created in this case).

(4) Added the following paragraph to the end of section 5.8 getDocument
    to clarify the lifetime of voucher component stored in the repository.

      The VTS must guarantee that the getDocument method will eventually
      return the DOM object provided that the voucher associated with the
      corresponding voucher component exists in the VVS.

(5) Added Acknowledgments section.

Thank you.

Ko
--------------------------------------------------------------
Dr. Ko Fujimura, NTT Information Sharing Platform Laboratories
1-1 Hikari-no-oka, Yokosuka-shi, Kanagawa 239-0847, JAPAN
Tel: +81-(0)468-59-3814, Fax: +81-(0)468-59-8329
Email: [email-masked]