Subject: TRADE WG meeting in Atlanta

From: Donald Eastlake 3rd <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 19 Nov 2002 16:44:02 -0500 (EST)

The slides from the meeting are available as a powerpoint file at
http://www.iotp.org/2002/November-Atlanta/trade-presentation.ppt

The draft minutes are pasted below.

Donald
======================================================================
 Donald E. Eastlake 3rd                       [email-masked]
 155 Beaver Street              +1-508-634-2066(h) +1-508-851-8280(w)
 Milford, MA 01757 USA                   [email-masked]

IETF TRADE Draft Minutes
18 November 2002, Atlanta, Georgia
Donald E. Eastlake 3rd Chair

Agenda Bashing

No change from agenda distributed in advance.

Document Status

The status of the RFCs produced, 5 IESG approved drafts, and
4 draft currently in the working group was reviewed. The IESG
approved drafts were all approved quite recently.

ECML V2 Specification

ECML v1	and v1.1 were produced before the working group took
change control for ECML and have been published as
Informational RFCs. The ECML V2 requirements have been
approved by the IESG and will be published as an Informational
RFC. The V2 specification is almost ready for working group
last call. The minor changes made in the last three draft
versions (-03, -04, and -05) were reviewed. One field that
should have been added (Ecom_Loyalty_Card_Type) and will be
added to produce a -06 draft that will be working group last
called.

IOTP Use of DNS SRV RR

The motivation for draft-ietf-trade-srv-higher-services-00.txt
was described. It permits declaration within the DNS of where
to go for higher level services the way that SRV (RFC 2782)
and MX do for lower level services. While it reserves the
token "IOTP" for the use of IOTP, an additional small IOTP
document is required to specify how to use and extend this
token for the iotp-merchant, iotp-payment, iotp-delivery,
and iotp-care roles.

XML Voucher Update

The voucher requirements document has been approved by the IESG
for publication as an Informational RFC. The Voucher Language
and Voucher Transfer System API documents, by Ko Fujimura, who
was unable to make it to this IETF meeting, are being refined
by the Working Group. There is some indication of adoption of
voucher in the Infrared Data Association. NTT has developed a
C version of the API but the working group members present did
not seem to think it was important for it to be published.

SCCD and IOTP V2

Two work items are overdue. They are Secure Channel Credit Debit
and IOTP version 2. We do not have a draft for either and need
authors. Anyone willing to work on this should contact the WG
chair. SCCD, if done based on ECML, should be a medium-small
size task. IOTP V2 is a large task but could be broken up into
pieces. If no one is willing to do the documents, they won't
happen.

It is expected that the next WG meeting will be at the IETF
meeting in San Francisco, March 2003.