Subject: RFC 3506 on Requirements and Design for Voucher Trading System (VTS)
From: [email-masked]
To: IETF-Announce: ;
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 13 Mar 2003 16:23:05 -0800
List-Id: <ietf-trade.lists.elistx.com>

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 3506

        Title:      Requirements and Design for Voucher Trading System
                    (VTS)
        Author(s):  K. Fujimura, D. Eastlake
        Status:     Informational
        Date:       March 2003
        Mailbox:    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      15
        Characters: 30945
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:  None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-trade-drt-requirements-04.txt

        URL:        ftp://ftp.rfc-editor.org/in-notes/rfc3506.txt

Crediting loyalty points and collecting digital coupons or gift
certificates are common functions in purchasing and trading
transactions.  These activities can be generalized using the concept
of a "voucher", which is a digital representation of the right to
claim goods or services.  This document presents a Voucher Trading
System (VTS) that circulates vouchers securely and its terminology;
it lists design principles and requirements for VTS and the Generic
Voucher Language (GVL), with which diverse types of vouchers can be
described.

This document is a product of the Internet Open Trading Protocol
Working Group of the IETF.

This memo provides information for the Internet community.  It does
not specify an Internet standard of any kind.  Distribution of this
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 
help: ways_to_get_rfcs.  For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.echo 
Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

Joyce K. Reynolds and Sandy Ginoza
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant Mail Reader 
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version
of the RFCs.