Subject: [tram] Last Call: <draft-ietf-tram-alpn-06.txt> (Application Layer Protocol Negotiation (ALPN) labels for Session Traversal Utilities for NAT (STUN) Usages) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 07 Oct 2014 11:48:22 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the TURN Revised and Modernized WG
(tram) to consider the following document:
- 'Application Layer Protocol Negotiation (ALPN) labels for Session
   Traversal Utilities for NAT (STUN) Usages'
  <draft-ietf-tram-alpn-06.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2014-10-21. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   Application Layer Protocol Negotiation (ALPN) labels for Session
   Traversal Utilities for NAT (STUN) usages, such as Traversal Using
   Relays around NAT (TURN) and NAT discovery, are defined in this
   document to allow an application layer negotiate STUN usages within
   the Transport Layer Security (TLS) connection.  ALPN protocol
   identifiers defined in this document apply to both TLS and Datagram
   Transport Layer Security (DTLS).

The file can be obtained via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-tram-alpn/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-tram-alpn/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.