Subject: [tram] Last Call: <draft-ietf-tram-turn-third-party-authz-07.txt> (Session Traversal Utilities for NAT (STUN) Extension for Third Party Authorization) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 21 Jan 2015 12:03:08 -0800

The IESG has received a request from the TURN Revised and Modernized WG
(tram) to consider the following document:
- 'Session Traversal Utilities for NAT (STUN) Extension for Third Party
   Authorization'
  <draft-ietf-tram-turn-third-party-authz-07.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2015-02-04. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   This document proposes the use of OAuth to obtain and validate
   ephemeral tokens that can be used for Session Traversal Utilities for
   NAT (STUN) authentication.  The usage of ephemeral tokens ensure that
   access to a STUN server can be controlled even if the tokens are
   compromised.

The file can be obtained via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-tram-turn-third-party-authz/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-tram-turn-third-party-authz/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.