Subject: [tram] Last Call: <draft-ietf-tram-stun-origin-05.txt> (An Origin Attribute for the STUN Protocol) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 03 Mar 2015 12:43:15 -0800

The IESG has received a request from the TURN Revised and Modernized WG
(tram) to consider the following document:
- 'An Origin Attribute for the STUN Protocol'
  <draft-ietf-tram-stun-origin-05.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2015-03-17. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   STUN, or Session Traversal Utilities for NAT, is a protocol used to
   assist other protocols traverse Network Address Translators or NATs.
   This specification defines an ORIGIN attribute for STUN that can be
   used in similar ways to the HTTP header field of the same name.
   WebRTC browsers utilizing STUN and TURN would include this attribute
   which would provide servers with additional information about the
   STUN and TURN requests they receive.  This specification defines the
   usage of the STUN ORIGIN attribute for web, SIP, and XMPP contexts.

The file can be obtained via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-tram-stun-origin/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-tram-stun-origin/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.