Subject: [tram] I-D Action: draft-ietf-tram-turnbis-03.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 09 Apr 2015 02:36:18 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the TURN Revised and Modernized Working Group of the IETF.

        Title           : Traversal Using Relays around NAT (TURN): Relay Extensions to Session Traversal Utilities for NAT (STUN)
        Authors         : Tirumaleswar Reddy
                          Alan Johnston
                          Philip Matthews
                          Jonathan Rosenberg
	Filename        : draft-ietf-tram-turnbis-03.txt
	Pages           : 77
	Date            : 2015-04-09

Abstract:
   If a host is located behind a NAT, then in certain situations it can
   be impossible for that host to communicate directly with other hosts
   (peers).  In these situations, it is necessary for the host to use
   the services of an intermediate node that acts as a communication
   relay.  This specification defines a protocol, called TURN (Traversal
   Using Relays around NAT), that allows the host to control the
   operation of the relay and to exchange packets with its peers using
   the relay.  TURN differs from some other relay control protocols in
   that it allows a client to communicate with multiple peers using a
   single relay address.

   The TURN protocol was designed to be used as part of the ICE
   (Interactive Connectivity Establishment) approach to NAT traversal,
   though it also can be used without ICE.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-tram-turnbis/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-tram-turnbis-03

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-tram-turnbis-03

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

---

From: "Tirumaleswar Reddy (tireddy)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 9 Apr 2015 09:46:52 +0000

Updated draft addresses comments from Justin on dual allocation.

-Tiru

> -----Original Message-----
> From: tram [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of internet-
> [email-masked]
> Sent: Thursday, April 09, 2015 3:06 PM
> To: [email-masked]
> Cc: [email-masked]
> Subject: [tram] I-D Action: draft-ietf-tram-turnbis-03.txt
> 
> 
>         Title           : Traversal Using Relays around NAT (TURN): Relay
> Extensions to Session Traversal Utilities for NAT (STUN)
> Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of
> submission until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.
> 
> _______________________________________________
> tram mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/tram

---

From: Oleg Moskalenko <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 9 Apr 2015 23:21:31 -0700

I have comments on section 15.11. It has words how the
ADDITIONAL-ADDRESS-FAMILY attribute can be present in both ALLOCATE
and REFRESH requests. But according to the new 7.1 section, that
attribute cannot be present in the REFRESH request. So the mentioning
of the REFRESH request has to be removed from 15.11.

Thanks
Oleg

---

From: Oleg Moskalenko <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 9 Apr 2015 23:28:54 -0700

I also have the same comment about the discrepancy in sections 7.1 and
7.2. According to the section 7.1, the ADDITIONAL-ADDRESS-FAMILY must
not be included into the REFRESH request; but the section 7.2 is
discussing that possibility.

I think that in both sections 7.2 and 15.11 the
ADDITIONAL-ADDRESS-FAMILY has to be changed to the
REQUESTED-ADDRESS-FAMILY.

Thanks
Oleg

---

From: Oleg Moskalenko <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 9 Apr 2015 23:31:04 -0700

... more precisely, in the section 7.2 the attribute name has to be
changed; in the section 15.11, the Refresh request mentioning has to
be removed.

Thanks
Oleg

---

From: "Tirumaleswar Reddy (tireddy)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 10 Apr 2015 07:40:37 +0000

> From: Oleg Moskalenko [mailto:[email-masked]]
> Sent: Friday, April 10, 2015 12:01 PM
> To: [email-masked]
> Cc: Tirumaleswar Reddy (tireddy)
> Subject: Re: [tram] I-D Action: draft-ietf-tram-turnbis-03.txt
> 
> ... more precisely, in the section 7.2 the attribute name has to be changed; in
> the section 15.11, the Refresh request mentioning has to be removed.

Thanks for pointing it out, fixed in my local copy. 

-Tiru