Subject: [tram] Suresh Krishnan's Discuss on draft-ietf-tram-turn-server-discovery-09: (with DISCUSS)

From: "Suresh Krishnan" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 31 Aug 2016 21:18:27 -0700

Suresh Krishnan has entered the following ballot position for
draft-ietf-tram-turn-server-discovery-09: Discuss

When responding, please keep the subject line intact and reply to all
email addresses included in the To and CC lines. (Feel free to cut this
introductory paragraph, however.)

Please refer to https://www.ietf.org/iesg/statement/discuss-criteria.html
for more information about IESG DISCUSS and COMMENT positions.

The document, along with other ballot positions, can be found here:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-tram-turn-server-discovery/

----------------------------------------------------------------------
DISCUSS:
----------------------------------------------------------------------

* Section 4.1.1.

The DHCP procedure is underspecified. I think this can be easily fixed
but it requires some work. 

Please describe what sort of messages you would be using. i.e. are you
going for a stateful exchange to piggy pack with other address and config
information or are you going for a stateless Information-request based
exchange(Most likely). Is there an ORO? If so, what options are requested
in the ORO? Are there multiple request-response round trips as implied by
the text?