Subject: [tram] I-D Action: draft-ietf-tram-turn-mobility-05.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 18 Aug 2016 18:13:15 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the TURN Revised and Modernized of the IETF.

        Title           : Mobility with TURN
        Authors         : Tirumaleswar Reddy
                          Dan Wing
                          Prashanth Patil
                          Paal-Erik Martinsen
	Filename        : draft-ietf-tram-turn-mobility-05.txt
	Pages           : 13
	Date            : 2016-08-18

Abstract:
   It is desirable to minimize traffic disruption caused by changing IP
   address during a mobility event.  One mechanism to minimize
   disruption is to expose a shorter network path to the mobility event
   so only the local network elements are aware of the changed IP
   address but the remote peer is unaware of the changed IP address.

   This draft provides such an IP address mobility solution using
   Traversal Using Relays around NAT (TURN).  This is achieved by
   allowing a client to retain an allocation on the TURN server when the
   IP address of the client changes.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-tram-turn-mobility/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-tram-turn-mobility-05

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-tram-turn-mobility-05

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

---

From: "Tirumaleswar Reddy (tireddy)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 19 Aug 2016 01:16:04 +0000

This revision addresses comments received as part of RTG DIR Review.

-Tiru

> -----Original Message-----
> From: tram [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of internet-
> [email-masked]
> Sent: Friday, August 19, 2016 6:43 AM
> To: [email-masked]
> Cc: [email-masked]
> Subject: [tram] I-D Action: draft-ietf-tram-turn-mobility-05.txt
> 
> 
> _______________________________________________
> tram mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/tram

---

From: Antoni Przygienda <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 19 Aug 2016 01:34:18 +0000

Looked @ it. Thanks. All comments addressed adequately 

thanks

--- tony
 
<[email-masked]> spake:

    -Tiru

---

From: "Aijun Wang" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 23 Aug 2016 12:02:54 +0800

Hi, All technical gurus within TRAM:

We had made one presentation for introducing OARS on IETF Berlin meeting and
get some feedbacks on the meeting. Here we want to ask more comments for
this draft. 
The reason that we propose the new solution are the followings:
1) With the advent of SDN concept within IP network, it is possible that we
can simplify the procedure for peer to peer communication under complex
network environment between same or different address family hosts.
2) Peer-to-peer Application providers need one general solution to cover
several communication scenarios, not the different solution for different
scenario.
3) Service Provider can explore the capability of the existing network
devices for the data exchange between communication peers.  

We are eager to hear more comments from every guru within TRAM and look
forward to more cooperator to forward this draft. Any comments are welcome.

the general introduction slide is located here:
https://www.ietf.org/proceedings/96/slides/slides-96-tram-1.pdf and 
the detail content of the draft is located here:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-wang-tram-oars/.

Best Regards.

Aijun Wang
China Telecom Beijing Research Institute
Network R&D and Operation Support Department