Subject: [tram] I-D Action: draft-ietf-tram-turnbis-12.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 22 Oct 2017 23:44:23 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the TURN Revised and Modernized WG of the IETF.

        Title           : Traversal Using Relays around NAT (TURN): Relay Extensions to Session Traversal Utilities for NAT (STUN)
        Authors         : Tirumaleswar Reddy
                          Alan Johnston
                          Philip Matthews
                          Jonathan Rosenberg
	Filename        : draft-ietf-tram-turnbis-12.txt
	Pages           : 83
	Date            : 2017-10-22

Abstract:
   If a host is located behind a NAT, then in certain situations it can
   be impossible for that host to communicate directly with other hosts
   (peers).  In these situations, it is necessary for the host to use
   the services of an intermediate node that acts as a communication
   relay.  This specification defines a protocol, called TURN (Traversal
   Using Relays around NAT), that allows the host to control the
   operation of the relay and to exchange packets with its peers using
   the relay.  TURN differs from some other relay control protocols in
   that it allows a client to communicate with multiple peers using a
   single relay address.

   The TURN protocol was designed to be used as part of the ICE
   (Interactive Connectivity Establishment) approach to NAT traversal,
   though it also can be used without ICE.

   This document obsoletes [RFC5766] and [RFC6156].

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-tram-turnbis/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-tram-turnbis-12
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-tram-turnbis-12

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-tram-turnbis-12

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

---

From: "Konda, Tirumaleswar Reddy" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 23 Oct 2017 06:48:28 +0000

This revision addresses comments from Brandon and dual allocation related comments from Mark.

-Tiru

> -----Original Message-----
> From: tram [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of internet-
> [email-masked]
> Sent: Monday, October 23, 2017 12:14 PM
> To: [email-masked]
> Cc: [email-masked]
> Subject: [tram] I-D Action: draft-ietf-tram-turnbis-12.txt
> 
> 
>         Title           : Traversal Using Relays around NAT (TURN): Relay Extensions
> to Session Traversal Utilities for NAT (STUN)
> _______________________________________________
> tram mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/tram