Subject: [rbridge] updated internet draft - draft-perlman-rbridge-03.txt

From: touch at ISI.EDU (Joe Touch)
Date: Tue, 03 May 2005 11:09:53 -0700

Hi, all,

A revised RBridge I-D has been submitted and will be available in the
usual places shortly; in the meantime, a copy is available at

	http://www.isi.edu/touch/pubs/draft-perlman-rbridge-03.txt

FYI...

Joe

----------

Network Working Group                                        R. Perlman
Internet Draft                                                      Sun
Expires: November 2005                                         J. Touch
                                                                USC/ISI
                                                               A. Yegin
                                                                Samsung
                                                            May 2, 2005

                       RBridges: Transparent Routing
                       draft-perlman-rbridge-03.txt
...

Abstract

   RBridges provide the ability to have an entire campus, with multiple
   physical links, look to IP like a single subnet. The design allows
   for zero configuration of switches within a campus, optimal pair-wise
   routing, safe forwarding even during periods of temporary loops, and
   the ability to cut down on ARP/ND traffic. The design also supports
   VLANs, and allows forwarding tables to be based on RBridge
   destinations (rather than endnode destinations), which allows
   internal routing tables to be substantially smaller than in
   conventional bridge systems.

   This document is a work in progress; we invite you to participate on
   the mailing list at http://www.postel.org/RBridge

-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: signature.asc
Type: application/pgp-signature
Size: 254 bytes
Desc: OpenPGP digital signature
Url : http://www.postel.org/pipermail/rbridge/attachments/20050503/baa0d7a6/signature-0001.bin