Subject: [rbridge] draft-ietf-trill-prob-00.txt

From: Donald.Eastlake at motorola.com (Eastlake III Donald-LDE008)
Date: Wed, 18 Oct 2006 12:10:26 -0400

OK, I amend my comments to just recommend removal of the parenthetical
examples.

Donald

-----Original Message-----
From: Russ White [mailto:riw at cisco.com] 
Sent: Tuesday, August 29, 2006 12:19 PM
To: Eastlake III Donald-LDE008
Cc: rbridge at postel.org
Subject: Re: [rbridge] draft-ietf-trill-prob-00.txt

> Page 2 in abstract at the top: I don't actually think of typical 
> distance vector routing as much, if any, better that spanning tree, 
> both being substantially inferior to link state protocols.  I would 
> suggest, in the 3rd & 4th line, changing "apply network layer routing 
> (e.g., link state or distance vector)" to "apply modern network layer 
> routing (e.g., link state)".

Except there are modern distance vector protocols.... BGP falls loosely
within the designation of "distance vector," for instance. I think we
could just kill the "e.g." in the parenthesis altogether.

:-)

Russ