Subject: [rbridge] Ingress Rbridge address and BCN

From: manoj.k.wadekar at intel.com (Wadekar, Manoj K)
Date: Wed, 25 Oct 2006 19:05:48 -0700

Hi,

New to TRILL mailing list. And hence catching up with lots of
discussions about need for Ingress Rbridge address (and FTAG).

I believe Datacenters are beginning to have large number of nodes in L2
network (scale-out clusters) and hence TRILL makes an attractive
technology. At the same time fundamental enhancements in 802.1 bridges
are also required to ensure "no-drop" behavior in this large Ethernet
network in Data Centers. So, Backward Congestion Notification (802.1au)
and TRILL solutions need to work together.

So, I think carrying Ingress Rbridge address in each packet is important
for BCN. 

This will be used to generate the congestion notification to the
appropriate ingress node.

Thanks,

- Manoj

-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: http://mailman.postel.org/pipermail/rbridge/attachments/20061025/e1a495b2/attachment.html