Subject: [rbridge] Ingress Rbridge address and BCN

From: Radia.Perlman at sun.com ([email-masked])
Date: Thu, 26 Oct 2006 17:01:50 -0700

Hi Manoj,

I'm confused about BCN. Wouldn't congestion notification need to go to the original endnode source,
and not the ingress RBridge?

Radia

-------------- next part --------------
Hi,

New to TRILL mailing list. And hence catching up with lots of
discussions about need for Ingress Rbridge address (and FTAG).

I believe Datacenters are beginning to have large number of nodes in L2
network (scale-out clusters) and hence TRILL makes an attractive
technology. At the same time fundamental enhancements in 802.1 bridges
are also required to ensure "no-drop" behavior in this large Ethernet
network in Data Centers. So, Backward Congestion Notification (802.1au)
and TRILL solutions need to work together.

So, I think carrying Ingress Rbridge address in each packet is important
for BCN. 

This will be used to generate the congestion notification to the
appropriate ingress node.

Thanks,

- Manoj

-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: http://mailman.postel.org/pipermail/rbridge/attachments/20061026/860b248e/attachment.html
-------------- next part --------------
_______________________________________________
rbridge mailing list
rbridge at postel.org
http://mailman.postel.org/mailman/listinfo/rbridge