Subject: [rbridge] Comments on: http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/dr aft-ietf-trill-rbridge-arch-01.txt

From: Eric.Gray at marconi.com (Gray, Eric)
Date: Tue, 31 Oct 2006 12:24:58 -0500

Silvano,
 
	See below...

--
Eric

-- [snip] -- 
--> 
--> Sgai 2> I think we should explicitly mention layer 2 multipath.
--> 
-- [snip] -- 
--> 

What do you mean by layer 2 multipath?

Do you mean "link bundling" or something else?

Are we trying now to apply ECMP to routing advertisements for layer
two reachability?  That's a big step, particularly when we need to
retain compatibility with existing 802.1 bridges.

I don't recall seeing anything about this in the problem statement
document, so I don't know of any reason why we should include it in
the architecture.

--
Eric