Subject: [rbridge] Working Group Last Call on Problem and Applicability Statement and Routing Requirements, Expert Review of Architecture Draft

From: Donald.Eastlake at motorola.com (Eastlake III Donald-LDE008)
Date: Wed, 25 Oct 2006 16:36:02 -0400

Hi,

TRILL now has three drafts which have been discussed within the TRILL
working group, improved based on mailing list comments, and about which
there does not seem to be a current serious controversy (in some cases
these draft went through multiple versions as personal drafts before
being adopted as working group drafts):

1	Transparent Interconnection of Lots of Links (TRILL): Problem
and Applicability Statement 
	draft-ietf-trill-prob-01.txt

2	The Architecture of an RBridge Solution to TRILL 
	draft-ietf-trill-rbridge-arch-01.txt

3	TRILL Routing Requirements in Support of RBridges
	draft-ietf-trill-routing-reqs-00.txt

We have decided to initiate a two week working group last call on the
first and third of these: the Problem and Applicability Statement draft
and the Routing Requirements draft. This will run through Wednesday, 8
November. Please post any further comments on these drafts to the
mailing list, preferably in a separate message for each draft.

We also plan to allocate some time for comments on these two drafts at
the TRILL WG meeting in San Diego which is during the last call period.
Based on the feedback we get, we expect to decided for each of these two
drafts whether to forward it to the IESG as is, forward it with minor
changes, or continue to work on it within the working group.

Our charter requires that the second draft above, the Architecture
draft, be subject to IEEE/IETF expert review. It seems reasonable to do
this review before working group last call. Accordingly, we are
arranging such review. If you would like to suggest an expert to review
the Architecture draft, preferably someone who has not been heavily
involved with TRILL thus far, please contact us directly. We also plan
to allocate some time at the San Diego meeting for comments on the
Architecture draft.

Thanks,
Donald and Erik

Donald.Eastlake at motorola.com, erik.nordmark at sun.com