Subject: [rbridge] Ingress Rbridge and FTAG again

From: dmaltbie at wovensystems.com (Maltbie, Dan)
Date: Wed, 25 Oct 2006 23:06:34 -0700

The IEEE 802.1Q VLAN TAG should do everything an rbridge could possibly
want to do with an FTAG and it will be much more interoperable with
existing and future Ethernet equipment. There's already a standard way
to push/pop VLAN tags. Other standards, like provider bridging, are
taking advantage of Ethernet's excellent flexibility. Why re-invent the
wheel?

just a thought...

Dan Maltbie
Woven Systems, Inc.

-----Original Message-----
Message: 5
Date: Wed, 25 Oct 2006 19:30:26 -0700
From: "Sanjay Sane \(sanjays\)" <sanjays at cisco.com>
Subject: Re: [rbridge] Ingress Rbridge and FTAG again
To: "Radia Perlman" <Radia.Perlman at sun.com>
Cc: rbridge at postel.org
Message-ID:
	
<7178B7E237F45D45BE404AFF0AF58D870181BCCF at xmb-sjc-213.amer.cisco.com>
Content-Type: text/plain;	charset="us-ascii"

<<snip>>

_______________________________________________
rbridge mailing list
rbridge at postel.org
http://mailman.postel.org/mailman/listinfo/rbridge

End of rbridge Digest, Vol 29, Issue 30
***************************************