Subject: [rbridge] Draft-trill-rbridge-protocol-01.txt

From: Donald.Eastlake at motorola.com (Eastlake III Donald-LDE008)
Date: Thu, 21 Dec 2006 23:41:15 -0500

Hi,

I just noticed that no message from the Secretariat seems to have gotten
through to the working group mailing list when this draft was uploaded
into the ID directories. Anyway, its been there for a bit over a week.
Below are some quick comments on it.

Thanks,
Donald

  ------------------------------------------------------------------

Quick Comments on draft-ietf-trill-rbridge-protocol-01.txt

Section 1, next to last bullet point at bottom of page 4:
	Text has not been updated for the designation of two Rbridges in
the shim.

Section 1, third paragraph at the top of page 5:
	I would think there would also be cases where the VLAN tag was
removed by the endnode.

Section 2.1.1, on page 7:
	The 2nd and 3rd paragraphs of this section have a significant
amount of redundancy between them.

Section 2.1.1, near the top of page 8:
	The list of core-Rbridge information seems to be missing the
Rbridge nickname.

Section 2.3, first paragraph on page 11:
	"the specified Rbridge in the shim" sounds like wording from
when
there was only one. Suggest rewording this.

Section 2.3, first bullet point on page 11:
	Should that be "IP multicast routers"?

Section 2.5, first paragraph, page 13:
	Suggest changing "it is desirable" to "it may be desirable".

Section 2.5 second paragraph, Page 11:
	Typo: B2-B2-R1 should be B2-B1-R1.

Section 28.1, first normative reference on page 22:
	The D should be capitalized in 802.1D. Perhaps a reference to
802.1Q should be added.