Subject: [rbridge] L2 ISIS - P2P over LAN

From: "RTP Techie" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 13 Oct 2008 15:14:41 -0400

Hi,
I'm new to Rbridge and just reading the protocol spec.
One thing that comes to me is that for ISIS, it talks about the use of it in
LAN mode.

For ISIS, there is an extension (just a very minor change on how to encap
the ISIS packet in the LAN environment) to allow it operates in P2P mode on
a LAN link if there is only two nodes in the link. I believe the primary
reason is to remove the need of running pseudo-node and election when if
user just connecting two nodes with a link directly.

Would the same technique applicable to L2 ISIS? If not, can you please
provide some insights as why?

Thanks in advance,
Ming Chan
_______________________________________________
rbridge mailing list
[email-masked]
http://mailman.postel.org/mailman/listinfo/rbridge