Subject: [rbridge] Adopt draft-perlman-trill-rbridge-af-00.txt as a WG draft?

From: Erik Nordmark <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 29 Mar 2011 04:39:45 -0700

This draft was just submitted with clarifications for the appointed 
forwarder mechanism in draft-ietf-trill-rbridge-protocol.

Are there an objections in making this a working group draft?

    Erik

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: I-D Action:draft-perlman-trill-rbridge-af-00.txt
Date: Tue, 29 Mar 2011 03:15:01 -0700
From: [email-masked]
Reply-To: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts 
directories.

	Title           : RBridges: Appointed Forwarders
	Author(s)       : R. Perlman, et al.
	Filename        : draft-perlman-trill-rbridge-af-00.txt
	Pages           : 17
	Date            : 2011-03-29

The IETF TRILL protocol provides optimal pair-wise data forwarding
without configuration, safe forwarding even during periods of
temporary loops, and support for multipathing of both unicast and
multicast traffic. TRILL accomplishes this by using IS-IS link state
routing and by encapsulating traffic using a header that includes a
hop count. Devices that implement TRILL are called RBridges.

TRILL supports multi-access LAN links that can have multiple end
stations and RBridges attached. Where multiple RBridges are attached
to a link, native traffic to and from end stations on that link is
handled by a subset of those RBridges called Appointed Forwarders,
with the intent that native traffic in each VLAN be handled by at
most one RBridge.  The purpose of this document is to improve the
documentation of the Appointed Forwarder mechanism.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-perlman-trill-rbridge-af-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.

_______________________________________________
rbridge mailing list
[email-masked]
http://mailman.postel.org/mailman/listinfo/rbridge