Subject: [rbridge] I-D Action: draft-ietf-trill-rbridge-af-04.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 08 Jul 2011 12:03:03 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories. This draft is a work item of the Transparent Interconnection of Lots of Links Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : RBridges: Appointed Forwarders
	Author(s)       : Radia Perlman
                          Donald Eastlake
                          Yizhou Li
                          Ayan Banerjee
                          Fangwei Hu
	Filename        : draft-ietf-trill-rbridge-af-04.txt
	Pages           : 23
	Date            : 2011-07-08

   The IETF TRILL (TRansparent Interconnection of Lots of Links)
   protocol provides least cost pair-wise data forwarding without
   configuration in multi-hop networks with arbitrary topology, safe
   forwarding even during periods of temporary loops, and support for
   multipathing of both unicast and multicast traffic. TRILL
   accomplishes this by using IS-IS (Intermediate System to Intermediate
   System) link state routing and by encapsulating traffic using a
   header that includes a hop count. Devices that implement TRILL are
   called RBridges.

   TRILL supports multi-access LAN (Local Area Network) links that can
   have multiple end stations and RBridges attached. Where multiple
   RBridges are attached to a link, native traffic to and from end
   stations on that link is handled by a subset of those RBridges called
   Appointed Forwarders, with the intent that native traffic in each
   VLAN (Virtual LAN) be handled by at most one RBridge.  The purpose of
   this document is to improve the documentation of the Appointed
   Forwarder mechanism.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-trill-rbridge-af-04.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

This Internet-Draft can be retrieved at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-trill-rbridge-af-04.txt

_______________________________________________
rbridge mailing list
[email-masked]
http://mailman.postel.org/mailman/listinfo/rbridge