Subject: [rbridge] Fwd: RFC 6326 on Transparent Interconnection of Lots of Links (TRILL) Use of IS-IS

From: Donald Eastlake <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 22 Jul 2011 12:40:07 -0400

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From:  <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, Jul 22, 2011 at 12:06 PM
Subject: RFC 6326 on Transparent Interconnection of Lots of Links
(TRILL) Use of IS-IS
To: [email-masked], [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked]

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

       RFC 6326

       Title:      Transparent Interconnection of Lots of
                   Links (TRILL) Use of IS-IS
       Author:     D. Eastlake, A. Banerjee,
                   D. Dutt, R. Perlman,
                   A. Ghanwani
       Status:     Standards Track
       Stream:     IETF
       Date:       July 2011
       Mailbox:    [email-masked],
                   [email-masked],
                   [email-masked],  [email-masked],
                   [email-masked]
       Pages:      25
       Characters: 51059
       Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

       I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-isis-trill-05.txt

       URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc6326.txt

The IETF has standardized the Transparent Interconnection of Lots of Links
(TRILL) protocol, which provides transparent Layer 2 forwarding using
encapsulation with a hop count and IS-IS link state routing. This document
specifies the data formats and code points for the IS-IS extensions to
support TRILL.  [STANDARDS-TRACK]

This document is a product of the IS-IS for IP Internets Working Group
of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Internet
Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization state and
status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
 http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
 http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce

_______________________________________________
rbridge mailing list
[email-masked]
http://mailman.postel.org/mailman/listinfo/rbridge

---

From: Vishwas Manral <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 22 Jul 2011 11:01:37 -0700

Hi Donald,

I would like to congratulate you and Radia for the hard work, idea and
effort.

I know you have very deligently worked to get the standards out for
TRILL.Kudos to you and the WG!!!

Thanks,
Vishwas