Subject: [rbridge] Fwd: New Version Notification for draft-eastlake-trill-rbridge-fine-labeling-01.txt

From: Donald Eastlake <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 12 Jul 2011 21:05:26 -0400

--------- Forwarded message ----------
From:  <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, Jul 11, 2011 at 12:36 PM
Subject: New Version Notification for
draft-eastlake-trill-rbridge-fine-labeling-01.txt

A new version of I-D,
draft-eastlake-trill-rbridge-fine-labeling-01.txt has been
successfully submitted by Donald Eastlake and posted to the IETF
repository.

Filename:        draft-eastlake-trill-rbridge-fine-labeling
Revision:        01
Title:           RBridges: Fine-Grained Labeling
Creation date:   2011-07-11
WG ID:           Individual Submission
Number of pages: 20

Abstract:
  The IETF has standardized RBridges (Routing Bridges), devices that
  implement the TRILL (TRansparent Interconnection of Lots of Links)
  protocol, a solution for least cost transparent frame routing in
  multi-hop networks with arbitrary topologies, using link-state
  routing and encapsulation with a hop count.

  The TRILL base protocol standard supports up to 4K VLAN IDs (Virtual
  Local Area Network IDentifiers). However, there are applications that
  require more fine-grained labeling of data and end stations. This
  document specifies extensions to the TRILL protocol to accomplish
  this.

The IETF Secretariat

_______________________________________________
rbridge mailing list
[email-masked]
http://mailman.postel.org/mailman/listinfo/rbridge