Subject: [rbridge] Update for draft-ietf-trill-rbridge-oam-01

From: David M Bond <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 18 Oct 2011 12:35:50 -0400

Hello Working Group,

If no one objects I will be uploading an -01 version of
draft-ietf-trill-rbridge-oam-00. A summary of the changes include:

	Reorganized the document to move user interface related items to the
appendix (implementation considerations) and switched the order of
ping/traceroute.

	Broke down the table  "frame field values" into two tables, "response
frame field values" and "self initiated frame field values".

	Numerous minor typo corrections and wording clarifications.

Most of the change suggestions came from this thread:

	http://www.postel.org/pipermail/rbridge/2011-August/004526.html

The one unsolved portion of that thread was whether Inner.MacDA should be
allowed to be anything other than All-Egress-Rbridges for ping and
traceroute requests. Originally it was a "SHOULD be All-Egress-Rbridges"
but it was allowed to be configured to another value to help the data mimic
a real flow. I've only heard one objection to the SHOULD part and so I
would like to get other opinions. Unless I hear otherwise I am going to
listen to the objection and change  that to "MUST be All-Egress-Rbridges".

Thanks,

David

_______________________________________________
rbridge mailing list
[email-masked]
http://mailman.postel.org/mailman/listinfo/rbridge