Subject: [rbridge] Further RBridge Channel draft improvements

From: Donald Eastlake <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 27 Oct 2011 11:08:50 -0400

Hi,

I would like to make the following changes in the RBridge Channel
draft (draft-ietf-trill-rbridge-channel):

1. The existing draft put the same restrictions on native RBridge
Channel frames to be accepted by an RBridge port as for other native
frames. This seems overly restrictive, given that these may be OAM
frames. Implementation of any particular RBridge protocol is optional
so, if an RBridge Channel protocol includes use of native RBridge
Channel frames, it seems reasonable for that protocol to specify frame
acceptance criteria.

2. To avoid possible ambiguity in some nesting cases, use a new
All-Edge-RBridges multicast address (from the existing block of TRILL
multicast addresses) for native RBridge Channel frames from an end
station to the RBridges on a link.

3. There is an rfc6326bis draft being developed so it seems reasonable
to move the data format details for announcing RBridge Channel support
to that draft.

Thanks,
Donald
=============================
 Donald E. Eastlake 3rd   +1-508-333-2270 (cell)
 155 Beaver Street, Milford, MA 01757 USA
 [email-masked]

_______________________________________________
rbridge mailing list
[email-masked]
http://mailman.postel.org/mailman/listinfo/rbridge