Subject: [rbridge] Requesting your comments on draft-tissa-trill-oam-00.txt

From: "Tissa Senevirathne (tsenevir)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 24 Oct 2011 08:31:47 -0700

Dear All

We have published "draft-tissa-trill-oam-00.txt". Some of the highlights
of the draft are listed below. We would appreciate if you all can review
and share your thoughts and feedback.

1.            Solution presents not only tools, but address OAM as a
total solution and include network health distribution, reporting etc.

2.            Utilize existing ICMP infrastructure for error reporting.

3.            No modifications to TRILL header

4.            Flexibility to specify various payload combinations

5.            Additional tools to discover DRB, AF , vNTAG etc.. 

6.            Multicast trees verification and Group validation.

7.            Allow flexibility to specify in-band or out-of-band
responses. 

Tools:

Ping, Trace Route, MAC discovery, Multicast Tree verification, DRB-AF
discovery,  ARP/invARP extensions for IP to RBridge binding.

Thanks 

Tissa

_______________________________________________
rbridge mailing list
[email-masked]
http://mailman.postel.org/mailman/listinfo/rbridge