Subject: [rbridge] Fwd: New Version Notification for draft-eastlake-trill-rbridge-clear-correct-00.txt

From: Donald Eastlake <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 25 Oct 2011 11:07:49 -0400

Hi,

This is a preliminary version of a draft which, among other things
corrects the three errata I just posted.
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-eastlake-trill-rbridge-clear-correct/

Thanks,
Donald
=============================
 Donald E. Eastlake 3rd   +1-508-333-2270 (cell)
 155 Beaver Street, Milford, MA 01757 USA
 [email-masked]

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From:  <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, Oct 24, 2011 at 12:17 PM
Subject: New Version Notification for
draft-eastlake-trill-rbridge-clear-correct-00.txt

A new version of I-D,
draft-eastlake-trill-rbridge-clear-correct-00.txt has been
successfully submitted by Donald Eastlake and posted to the IETF
repository.

Filename:        draft-eastlake-trill-rbridge-clear-correct
Revision:        00
Title:           RBridges: Clarifications and Corrections
Creation date:   2011-10-24
WG ID:           Individual Submission
Number of pages: 19

Abstract:
  The IETF TRILL (TRansparent Interconnection of Lots of Links)
  standard provides least cost pair-wise data forwarding without
  configuration in multi-hop networks with arbitrary topology, safe
  forwarding even during periods of temporary loops, and support for
  multipathing of both unicast and multicast traffic. TRILL
  accomplishes this by using IS-IS (Intermediate System to Intermediate
  System) link state routing and by encapsulating traffic using a
  header that includes a hop count. Devices that implement TRILL are
  called RBridges.

  Since the TRILL base protocol, RFC 6325, was approved, active
  development of TRILL has revealed corner cases that could use
  clarification and a few errors in the original RFC. RFCs 6327, XXXX,
  and YYYY, provide clarifications with respect to Adjacency, Appointed
  Forwarders, and the TRILL ESADI protocol. This document provide other
  known clarifications and corrections and updates RFC 6325.

The IETF Secretariat

_______________________________________________
rbridge mailing list
[email-masked]
http://mailman.postel.org/mailman/listinfo/rbridge

---

From: Donald Eastlake <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 25 Oct 2011 12:59:59 -0400

Note sure why they haven't come through yet, since they were cc'ed to
the rbridge mailing list, but the Errata I refer to below are here:
http://www.rfc-editor.org/errata_search.php?rfc=6325&eid=3002
http://www.rfc-editor.org/errata_search.php?rfc=6325&eid=3003
http://www.rfc-editor.org/errata_search.php?rfc=6325&eid=3004

Thanks,
Donald