Subject: [rbridge] [Technical Errata Reported] RFC6325 (3002)

From: RFC Errata System <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 25 Oct 2011 07:07:00 -0700 (PDT)

The following errata report has been submitted for RFC6325,
"Routing Bridges (RBridges): Base Protocol Specification".

--------------------------------------
You may review the report below and at:
http://www.rfc-editor.org/errata_search.php?rfc=6325&eid=3002

--------------------------------------
Type: Technical
Reported by: Donald E. Eastlake, 3rd <[email-masked]>

Section: 3.7.3

Original Text
-------------
                                             If RB1 chooses nickname x, and RB1
      discovers, through receipt of an LSP for RB2 at any later time,
      that RB2 has also chosen x, then the RBridge or pseudonode with
      the numerically higher IS-IS ID (LAN ID) keeps the nickname, or if
      there is a tie in priority, the RBridge with the numerically
      higher IS-IS System ID keeps the nickname, and the other RBridge
      MUST select a new nickname.

Corrected Text
--------------
If RB1
chooses nickname x, and RB1 discovers, through receipt of an LSP for
RB2 at any later time, that RB2 has also chosen x, then the RBridge or
pseudonode with the numerically higher priority keeps the nickname, or
if there is a tie in priority, the RBridge with the numerically higher
seven-byte IS-IS ID (LAN ID) keeps the nickname, and the other RBridge
MUST select a new nickname.

Notes
-----
Comparison is primarily by priority and then by IS-IS ID. Since pseudonodes can hold nicknames, the comparison must be by seven-byte IS-IS ID, not six-byte System ID.

Instructions:
-------------
This errata is currently posted as "Reported". If necessary, please
use "Reply All" to discuss whether it should be verified or
rejected. When a decision is reached, the verifying party (IESG)
can log in to change the status and edit the report, if necessary. 

--------------------------------------
RFC6325 (draft-ietf-trill-rbridge-protocol-16)
--------------------------------------
Title               : Routing Bridges (RBridges): Base Protocol Specification
Publication Date    : July 2011
Author(s)           : R. Perlman, D. Eastlake 3rd, D. Dutt, S. Gai, A. Ghanwani
Category            : PROPOSED STANDARD
Source              : Transparent Interconnection of Lots of Links
Area                : Internet
Stream              : IETF
Verifying Party     : IESG
_______________________________________________
rbridge mailing list
[email-masked]
http://mailman.postel.org/mailman/listinfo/rbridge