Subject: [rbridge] Protocol Action: 'RBridges: Appointed Forwarders' to Proposed Standard (draft-ietf-trill-rbridge-af-05.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 03 Oct 2011 10:53:46 -0700

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'RBridges: Appointed Forwarders'
  (draft-ietf-trill-rbridge-af-05.txt) as a Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the Transparent Interconnection of Lots
of Links Working Group.

The IESG contact persons are Ralph Droms and Jari Arkko.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-trill-rbridge-af/

Technical Summary

  TRILL supports multi-access LAN (Local Area Network) links that can
  have multiple end stations and RBridges attached. Where multiple
  RBridges are attached to a link, native traffic to and from end
  stations on that link is handled by a subset of those RBridges
  called Appointed Forwarders, with the intent that native traffic in
  each VLAN (Virtual LAN) be handled by at most one RBridge. The
  purpose of this document is to improve the documentation of the
  Appointed Forwarder mechanism.

Working Group Summary

  There was consensus in the document to advance this document after
  previous versions had elicited requests for clarifications and
  changes from both TRILL and IS-IS.

Document Quality

  There are interoperable implementations of TRILL that were developed
  without the benefits of this additional document. The assumptions is
  that future implementors will benefit from the additional level of
  detail in this document.

Personnel

   Erik Nordmark <[email-masked]> is the document shepherd.
   Ralph Droms <[email-masked]> is the responsible AD.

_______________________________________________
rbridge mailing list
[email-masked]
http://mailman.postel.org/mailman/listinfo/rbridge