Subject: [rbridge] draft-ietf-trill-rbridge-channel-04

From: rakesh kumar <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 14 Feb 2012 12:20:55 +0530

Hi Authors,

In draft-ietf-trill-rbridge-channel-04 Section 2.4

"However, special considerations apply to the first hop because,
for some RBridge Channel protocols, it may be desirable to send
RBridge Channel messages on links that are not yet fully up. In
particular, it is permissible, if specified by the particular channel
protocol, for the source RBridge that has created an RBridge Channel
message to attempt to transmit it to a next hop RBridge when the link
is in the Detect or Two-Way states, as specified in [RFC6327], as well
as when it is in the Report state."

This doesn't talk about  Point-to-point link.I think Point-to-point link
also needs to be addressed here.

Regards,
Rakesh
_______________________________________________
rbridge mailing list
[email-masked]
http://mailman.postel.org/mailman/listinfo/rbridge

---

From: Donald Eastlake <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 14 Feb 2012 07:15:56 -0500

Hi Rakesh,

> also needs to be addressed here.

What kind of thing do you think it should say? If, for example, you
are unicasting an RBridge channel frame to a next hop RBridge, why
does it matter if the link is point-to-point or multi-access?

> Rakesh

Thanks,
Donald
=============================
 Donald E. Eastlake 3rd   +1-508-333-2270 (cell)
 155 Beaver Street, Milford, MA 01757 USA
 [email-masked]

---

From: rakesh kumar <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 15 Feb 2012 12:16:05 +0530

Hi Donald,
       I felt ,RBridge Channel messages should be send on point-to-point
link during different states of point-to-point adjacency formation
i.e.before and after formation of adjacency.I agree this is implicit but it
is better if it is specified explicitly in draft.

 Please correct me if am wrong.

Regards,
Rakesh

---

From: Donald Eastlake <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 15 Feb 2012 23:07:34 -0500

Hi Rakesh,

> is better if it is specified explicitly in draft.

OK. How about adding, to the end of the second paragraph of Section
2.4 of the draft "Such messages can also be sent on point-to-point
links that are not in the Up state."

Thanks,
Donald