Subject: [rbridge] draft-ietf-trill-rbridge-channel-04

From: somnath chatterjee <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 13 Feb 2012 12:01:16 +0530

Hi Authors,

In draft-ietf-trill-rbridge-channel-04 Section 2.4

"   However, special considerations apply to the first hop because,for
some RBridge Channel protocols, it may be desirable to send RBridge
Channel messages on links that are not yet fully up. In particular, it
is permissible, if specified by the particular channel protocol, for
the source RBridge that has created an RBridge Channel message to
attempt to transmit it to a next hop RBridge when the link is in the
Detect or Two-Way states, as specified in [RFC6327], as well as when
it is in the Report state."

As per my understanding this does not apply to multi-hop Channel
messages. It would be good if we replace the "first hop" to "single
hop messages" in the sentence or modify the sentence to add it is
applicable to "single hop messages" only.

I have read this draft and it looks good to me.

Thank you,
Regards,
Somnath

_______________________________________________
rbridge mailing list
[email-masked]
http://mailman.postel.org/mailman/listinfo/rbridge

---

From: Donald Eastlake <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 13 Feb 2012 14:46:25 -0500

Hi Somnath,

> applicable to "single hop messages" only.

I'm OK with that change. I'll make it unless there are objections.

Thanks,
Donald
=============================
 Donald E. Eastlake 3rd   +1-508-333-2270 (cell)
 155 Beaver Street, Milford, MA 01757 USA
 [email-masked]