Subject: [rbridge] New Revision of TRILL OAM WG Draft

From: David M Bond <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 13 Mar 2012 09:46:57 -0400

Hello Working Group,

I've submitted a new revision of the draft-ietf-trill-rbridge-oam-02 which
contains numerous changes as seen in the change list below. One of the
bigger changes was after receiving input I removed a lot of the error codes
that were in the previous version of the draft. The thought here was unless
there is a clear need for an error type we shouldn't define it. If a use
case comes up in the future the error code can be defined at that point.
Most of those error codes can be better represented in the MIB.

Thoughts?

Thanks,
David

B.1. Changes from -01 to -02

      Moved the values table to the message format section and converted
      from table to list.

      Added previous hop information TLV.

      Removed error codes that were not needed.

      Added path sharing traceroute with 'real' data being sent.

      Added mention of BFD draft.

      Made most TLVs optional to allow hardware/fast path
      implementations where this information might not be available.

      Changed Next Hop Nickname TLV into Next Hop Information TLV since
      next hop might not always reserve a nickname.  The new TLV
      includes the next hop system id.

      Numerous minor typo corrections and wording clarifications.

_______________________________________________
rbridge mailing list
[email-masked]
http://mailman.postel.org/mailman/listinfo/rbridge