Subject: [trill] Fwd: NomCom 2012-2013: Call for Nominations

From: Donald Eastlake <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 30 Aug 2012 10:59:24 -0400

The nomcom is looking for candidates for IETF positions as below.

Thanks,
Donald
=============================
 Donald E. Eastlake 3rd   +1-508-333-2270 (cell)
 155 Beaver Street, Milford, MA 01757 USA
 [email-masked]

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: NomCom Chair <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, Aug 27, 2012 at 7:13 PM
Subject: NomCom 2012-2013: Call for Nominations
To: IETF Announcement List <[email-masked]>

The 2012-2013 Nominating Committee (NomCom) is seeking nominations
from now until September 24, 2012 . The open positions being considered
by this year's NomCom can be found at the end of this email or on the
NomCom 2012-2013 website:

https://www.ietf.org/group/nomcom/2012/

Nominations may be made by selecting the Nominate link at the top of
the NomCom 2012-2013 website or by visiting the following URL:

https://www.ietf.org/group/nomcom/2012/nominate

Note that nominations made using the web tool require an ietf.org (i.e.,
datatracker) account. You can create an ietf.org account by visiting the
following URL:

https://datatracker.ietf.org/accounts/create/

Nominations may also be made by email to [email-masked].
If you do so, please include the word "Nominate" in the Subject and
indicate in the email who is being nominated, their email address (to
confirm acceptance of the nomination), and the position for which you
are making the nomination. If you wish to nominate someone via email
for more than one position, please use separate emails to do so.

Self nomination is welcome.

NomCom 2012-2013 will follow the policy for "Open Disclosure of Willing
Nominees" described in RFC 5680.  As stated in RFC 5680: "The list of
nominees willing to be considered for positions under review in the
current NomCom cycle is not confidential". Willing Nominees for each
position will be publicly listed.

With the exception of publicly listing willing nominees, the
confidentiality requirements of RFC 3777 remain in effect.  All
feedback and NomCom deliberations will remain confidential and
will not be disclosed.

In order to ensure time to collect sufficient community feedback about
each of the willing nominees, nominations must be received by the
NomCom on or before September 24, 2012.

The NomCom appoints individuals to fill the open slots on the
IAOC, the IAB, and the IESG. This year, the NomCom willing be filling the
positions currently held by the following individuals, whose terms expire
in March 2013:

IAOC:
--------
Dave Crocker

IAB:
--------
Alissa Cooper
Joel Halpern
David Kessens
Danny McPherson
Jon Peterson
Dave Thaler

IESG:
--------
Russ Housley  (IETF Chair)
Pete Resnick  (Applications Area)
Ralph Droms  (Internet Area)
Ronald Bonica  (Operations and Management Area)
Robert Sparks  (Real-Time Applications and Infrastructure Area)
Adrian Farrel  (Routing Area)
Stephen Farrell  (Security Area)
Wesley Eddy  (Transport Area)

In addition to nominations, the Nominating Committee is actively
seeking community input on the jobs that need to be filled.  We have
received the job descriptions from the IAB, IESG, and IAOC and they can
be found at:

https://www.ietf.org/group/nomcom/2012/iaoc-requirements
https://www.ietf.org/group/nomcom/2012/iab-requirements
https://www.ietf.org/group/nomcom/2012/chair-requirements
https://www.ietf.org/group/nomcom/2012/iesg-requirements

However, we also need the community's views and input on the jobs
within each organization. If you have ideas on job responsibilities
(more, less, different), please let us know.  Please send suggestions
and feedback to [email-masked].

Thank you for your help in identifying qualified nominees.

Matt Lepinski
[email-masked]