Subject: [trill] Fwd: New Version Notification for draft-hu-trill-pseudonode-nickname-04.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 12 Dec 2012 17:55:13 +0800

A new version of draft-hu-trill-pseudonode-nickname.txt is posted. 

In this version, the draft has 6 main sections, organized as follows:

Section 2 describes the reasons why virtual RBridge along with its 
pseudo-nickname is introduced.

Section 3 gives the concept of Virtual RBridge. An RBv represents a group 
of different end station service ports on different edge RBridges, so 
these RBrides can uses a different ingress nickname depending on the port 
from which native frames is received.

Section 4 describes D-trees allocation across member RBridges in a RBv, 
where Section 4.1 describes the allocation of trees for the ingressed 
multi-destination frames to pass the RPF check on remote RBridges, while 
Section 4.2 covers the allocation of trees for the egressing of 
multi-destination frames arriving on any trees.

Section 5 covers the processing of transit frames in consideration of the 
pseudo-nickname. The influence of RBv on member RBriges ingressing and 
egressing frames are described in Section 5.1 and 5.2, respectively.

Section 6 discusses the link protection in the case of member RBridge's 
download link failure.

Section 7 gives an ESADI sub-TLV used for D-tree allocation among member 
Rbridges given in Section 4.2.

Please click the following URL and review this draft. Your review and 
comments are very appreciated.

URL: 
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-hu-trill-pseudonode-nickname-04.txt

Best Regards,
Zhai Hongjun
""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""
 Protocol Development Dept.VI, Central R&D Institute, ZTE Corporation
 No. 68, Zijinghua Road, Yuhuatai District, Nanjing, P.R.China, 210012
 
 Zhai Hongjun
 
 Tel: +86-25-52877345
 Email: [email-masked]
"""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""

----- 转发人 翟洪军129567/user/zte_ltd 时间 2012-12-12 16:54 -----

[email-masked] 
2012-12-12 16:45

收件人
[email-masked]
抄送
[email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], 
[email-masked], [email-masked]
主题
New Version Notification for draft-hu-trill-pseudonode-nickname-04.txt

A new version of I-D, draft-hu-trill-pseudonode-nickname-04.txt
has been successfully submitted by Hongjun Zhai and posted to the
IETF repository.

Filename:                 draft-hu-trill-pseudonode-nickname
Revision:                 04
Title:                            RBridge: Pseudo-Nickname
Creation date:            2012-12-10
WG ID:                            Individual Submission
Number of pages: 21
URL:             
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-hu-trill-pseudonode-nickname-04.txt

Status:          
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-hu-trill-pseudonode-nickname
Htmlized:        
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-hu-trill-pseudonode-nickname-04
Diff:            
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-hu-trill-pseudonode-nickname-04

Abstract:
   RBridges provide frame forwarding service to layer2 switches or end
   stations at the edge of TRILL campus.  As defined in [RFC6325], when
   there are multiple RBridges attached to the same LAN segment, only
   one edge RBridge is allowed to be the frame forwarder of a specific
   VLAN in order to avoid potential frame duplication and loops in the
   TRILL campus.  However, in some application scenarios, for example an
   end station is multi-homed to multiple RBridges needs to improve the
   resiliency and increase the available network bandwidth of the
   connection.  This means all those RBriges attached to the end station
   can act as the frame forwarders of a specific VLAN.  This kind of
   active-active connection violates the definition above.  Frame
   duplication and forwarding loops may happen and it may cause the
   flip-flopping of the egress RBridge nickname associated to the MAC
   address of such an end station in remote RBridges' forwarding tables.
   The Reverse Path Forwarding Check does not work as well, which has
   been addressed in [CMT].  This document proposes the concept of
   Virtual RBridge, along with the pseudo-nickname configuration for
   this Virtual RBridge, to address the above problems in accompany with
   [CMT].

The IETF Secretariat