Subject: Re: [trill] WG Last Call: draft-ietf-trill-fine-labeling-02.txt

From: Donald Eastlake <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 6 Dec 2012 18:37:33 -0500

Hi Thomas,

On Thu, Nov 29, 2012 at 10:45 AM, Thomas Narten <[email-masked]> wrote:
> I think it is clear that there are circumstances where using unicast
> rather than multicast would be a useful optimization. What the
> document would benefit from is text explaining where that might be
> useful and making it clear that implementations might want to do that
> - as an optimization under appropriate circumstances. It doesn't have
> that background, just a couple of MAY/SHOULD statements. Taking some
> of the explanation in this email thread and putting it into the
> document would probably help clarify the intent.

I will incorporate such text.

Thanks,
Donald
=============================
 Donald E. Eastlake 3rd   +1-508-333-2270 (cell)
 155 Beaver Street, Milford, MA 01757 USA
 [email-masked]

> I suggested pulling out the text because it was apparently confusing,
> and I didn't think it was necessary. There are lots of optimizations a
> product might make besides this one. The document surely doesn't aim
> to cover them all.
>
> Thomas