Subject: [trill] I-D Action: draft-ietf-trill-fine-labeling-07.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 17 May 2013 21:36:51 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the Transparent Interconnection of Lots of Links Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : TRILL (Transparent Interconnection of Lots of Links): Fine-Grained Labeling
	Author(s)       : Donald Eastlake
                          Mingui Zhang
                          Puneet Agarwal
                          Radia Perlman
                          Dinesh G. Dutt
	Filename        : draft-ietf-trill-fine-labeling-07.txt
	Pages           : 32
	Date            : 2013-05-17

Abstract:
   The IETF has standardized TRILL (Transparent Interconnection of Lots
   of Links), a protocol for least cost transparent frame routing in
   multi-hop networks with arbitrary topologies and link technologies,
   using link-state routing and a hop count. The TRILL base protocol
   standard supports labeling of TRILL data with up to 4K IDs. However,
   there are applications that require a larger number of labels
   providing configurable isolation of data. This document updates RFC
   6325 by specifying optional extensions to the TRILL base protocol to
   safely accomplish this. These extensions, called fine grained
   labeling, are primarily intended for use in large Data Centers, those
   with >4K users requiring configurable data isolation from each other.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-trill-fine-labeling

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-trill-fine-labeling-07

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-trill-fine-labeling-07

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

---

From: Donald Eastlake <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 18 May 2013 00:48:01 -0400

This version has editorial changes resulting from IESG review.

Thanks,
Donald
=============================
 Donald E. Eastlake 3rd   +1-508-333-2270 (cell)
 155 Beaver Street, Milford, MA 01757 USA
 [email-masked]

On Sat, May 18, 2013 at 12:36 AM,  <[email-masked]> wrote:
> _______________________________________________
> trill mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/trill