Subject: Re: [trill] draft-ietf-trill-esadi WG Last Call

From: Donald Eastlake <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 1 Jun 2013 13:35:24 -0400

As a TRILL WG participant, I have the following four comments:

(1) The Security Considerations section needs some additional material.

(2) The draft uses expressions like "data and IS-IS reachable". But if
something is data reachable, it must be IS-IS reachable. So these can
all be simplified to just "data reachable".

(3) With ESADI, there is just one virtual link on which all
participating TRILL switches are adjacent. Thus, all of the ESADI-LSPs
in an ESADI link state database are originated by a station on this
virtual link. To avoid overworking the ESADI DRB on the link,
ESADI-LSPs sent by a reachable TRILL switch in response to an
ESADI-PSNP should be sent by the TRILL switch originating those
EASDI-LSPs.

(4) Sections 4.1 and 4.2 on sending and receiving ESADI PDUs seem to
cover different cases in a somewhat arbitrary order making it unclear
if all cases are specified. Some table to show that all cases are
covered with references to a larger number of smaller subsections
would be an improvement.

Thanks,
Donald
=============================
 Donald E. Eastlake 3rd   +1-508-333-2270 (cell)
 155 Beaver Street, Milford, MA 01757 USA
 [email-masked]

On Mon, May 20, 2013 at 12:24 AM, Donald Eastlake <[email-masked]> wrote:
> This message starts a WG Last Call on draft-ietf-trill-esadi. Please
> post comments by 3 June.
>
> Note there is an IPR Disclosure on this draft:
> https://datatracker.ietf.org/ipr/2064/
>
> Thanks,
> Donald
> =============================
>  Donald E. Eastlake 3rd   +1-508-333-2270 (cell)
>  155 Beaver Street, Milford, MA 01757 USA
>  [email-masked]

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 4 Jun 2013 17:13:17 +0800

Hi Donald,

See in-line, please.

Best Regards,
Hongjun Zhai
""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""
 Protocol Development Dept.VI, Central R&D Institute, ZTE Corporation
 No. 68, Zijinghua Road, Yuhuatai District, Nanjing, P.R.China, 210012
 
 Hongjun Zhai
 
 Tel: +86-25-52877345
 Email: [email-masked]
"""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""

Donald Eastlake <[email-masked]> 
发件人:  [email-masked]
2013-06-02 01:35

收件人
[email-masked]
抄送

主题
Re: [trill] draft-ietf-trill-esadi WG Last Call

> (1) The Security Considerations section needs some additional material.

[Hongjun] Yes, some additional materials are needed in the section.

> all be simplified to just "data reachable".

[Hongjun] Agree. In the context of ESADI, that simplification is OK.

> ESADI-PSNP should be sent by the TRILL switch originating those

[Hongjun] Good comment. In the context of ESADI, it is OK that the 
originator of those ESADI-LSPs responses to the PSNP instead of the DRB.

> covered with references to a larger number of smaller subsections

[Hongjun] Good idea.

Thanks,
Donald

> https://datatracker.ietf.org/ipr/2064/
_______________________________________________
trill mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/trill