Subject: [trill] Suggested expansion of draft-ietf-trill-esadi Appendix A

From: Donald Eastlake <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 12 Jan 2014 23:02:46 -0500

draft-ietf-trill-esadi updates RFC 6325 as indicated by the "updates"
tag in the upper left of the title page. The IESG these days appears
to want a particularly clear and complete summary in such document of
exactly what they change. The current Appendix A in
draft-ietf-trill-esadi is not bad but could do with improvement. I
have put the old Appendix A along with a suggested expanded Appendix A
at the end of this email. Unless there are objections, the expanded
Appendix A will be put into the draft.

Thanks,
Donald
=============================
 Donald E. Eastlake 3rd   +1-508-333-2270 (cell)
 155 Beaver Street, Milford, MA 01757 USA
 [email-masked]

OLD
Appendix A: Changes to [RFC6325]

   Below is a list of the main changes this document makes to the TRILL
   base protocol specification [RFC6325]:

   1. The format of ESADI-LSP, ESDAI-CSNP, and ESADI-PSNP PDU payloads
      is changed from the base IS-IS format to the Extended Level 1
      Circuit Scoped format in [FS-LSP].

   2. Unicasting of ESADI PDUs is supported.

   3. The handling of persistent reachability of the same MAC within the
      same Data Label from two or more RBridge is substantially modified
      (see Section 5.3).

NEW
Appendix A: Changes to [RFC6325]

   Below is a list of the main changes this document makes to the TRILL
   base protocol specification [RFC6325]:

   1. This document reaplces Section 4.2.5 of [RFC6325].

   2. The format of ESADI-LSP, ESADI-CSNP, and ESADI-PSNP PDU payloads
      is changed from the base IS-IS format to the Extended Level 1
      Circuit Scoped format in [FS-LSP].

   3. Unicasting of ESADI PDUs is supported including replacing Section
      4.6.2.2 of [RFC6325] with the next text give in Section 4.1 of
      this document.

   4. The handling of persistent reachability of the same MAC within the
      same Data Label from two or more RBridge is substantially modified
      including the explicit replacement of some text in Section 4.3 of
      [RFC6325] (see Section 5.3 of this document).

---

From: "Susan Hares" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 14 Jan 2014 12:25:29 -0500

Donald: 

Changes look good to me. 

Sue Hares 

---------------

-----Original Message-----
From: trill [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of Donald Eastlake
Sent: Sunday, January 12, 2014 11:03 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [trill] Suggested expansion of draft-ietf-trill-esadi Appendix A

draft-ietf-trill-esadi updates RFC 6325 as indicated by the "updates"
tag in the upper left of the title page. The IESG these days appears to want
a particularly clear and complete summary in such document of exactly what
they change. The current Appendix A in draft-ietf-trill-esadi is not bad but
could do with improvement. I have put the old Appendix A along with a
suggested expanded Appendix A at the end of this email. Unless there are
objections, the expanded Appendix A will be put into the draft.

Thanks,
Donald
=============================
 Donald E. Eastlake 3rd   +1-508-333-2270 (cell)
 155 Beaver Street, Milford, MA 01757 USA  [email-masked]

OLD

NEW

   4. The handling of persistent reachability of the same MAC within the
      same Data Label from two or more RBridge is substantially modified
      including the explicit replacement of some text in Section 4.3 of
      [RFC6325] (see Section 5.3 of this document).
_______________________________________________
trill mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/trill