Subject: [trill] Protocol Action: 'TRILL: Adjacency' to Proposed Standard (draft-ietf-trill-rfc6327bis-04.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 13 Jan 2014 12:23:39 -0800

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'TRILL: Adjacency'
  (draft-ietf-trill-rfc6327bis-04.txt) as Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the Transparent Interconnection of Lots
of Links Working Group.

The IESG contact persons are Ted Lemon and Brian Haberman.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-trill-rfc6327bis/

Technical Summary:

   This document specifies the establishment, conditions for
   reporting, and termination of IS-IS adjacency between TRILL
   switches. It also concerns four other link-local aspects of TRILL:
   Designated RBridge (DRB) selection, MTU (Maximum Transmission Unit)
   testing, pseudonode creation, and BFD (Bi-directional Forwarding
   Detection) session bootstrapping. State diagrams are included where
   appropriate. It replaces RFC 6327 and the changes from that RFC are
   listed in Appendix A. Although there are some changes in actions
   and state transition criteria, there are no changes in the
   structure of the state diagrams themselves from RFC 6327.

Working Group Summary:

   This document replaces RFC 6327, mostly upgrading it to take into
   account other approved documents. As such, there was less new
   material in the draft than most and somewhat less discussion of the
   draft in the TRILL WG.

Document Quality:

   This document is an update of RFC 6327, which RFC was very
   carefully reviewed by a number of persons including Mike Shand. One
   of the current co-authors, Howard Yang, is implementing portions of
   this draft. The document is of high quality.

Personnel:

   Document Shepherd: Jon Hudson
   Responsible Area Director: Ted Lemon