Subject: [trill] Fwd: Last Call: <draft-ietf-isis-rfc6326bis-01.txt> (Transparent Interconnection of Lots of Links (TRILL) Use of IS-IS) to Proposed Standard

From: Donald Eastlake <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 9 Jan 2014 14:37:16 -0500

This draft on IS-IS code points for TRILL is now in IETF Last Call.

Thanks,
Donald
=============================
 Donald E. Eastlake 3rd   +1-508-333-2270 (cell)
 155 Beaver Street, Milford, MA 01757 USA
 [email-masked]

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, Jan 8, 2014 at 8:51 AM
Subject: Last Call: <draft-ietf-isis-rfc6326bis-01.txt> (Transparent
Interconnection of Lots of Links (TRILL) Use of IS-IS) to Proposed
Standard
To: IETF-Announce <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]

The IESG has received a request from the IS-IS for IP Internets WG (isis)
to consider the following document:
- 'Transparent Interconnection of Lots of Links (TRILL) Use of IS-IS'
  <draft-ietf-isis-rfc6326bis-01.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2014-01-22. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   The IETF TRILL (Transparent Interconnection of Lots of Links)
   protocol provides optimal pair-wise data frame forwarding without
   configuration in multi-hop networks with arbitrary topology and link
   technology, and support for multipathing of both unicast and
   multicast traffic. This document specifies the data formats and code
   points for the IS-IS extensions to support TRILL. These data formats
   and code points may also be used by technologies other than TRILL.
   This document obsoletes RFC 6326.

The file can be obtained via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-isis-rfc6326bis/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-isis-rfc6326bis/ballot/

The following IPR Declarations may be related to this I-D:

   http://datatracker.ietf.org/ipr/2159/