Subject: [trill] WG LC on draft-ietf-trill-rfc7180bis-01.txt - 2/10 to 2/24/2015.

From: "Susan Hares" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 10 Feb 2015 18:18:00 -0500

This begins a 2 week WG LC on ietf-trill-rfc7180bis-01.txt.  This draft is
located at: 

http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-trill-rfc7180bis/

In your response, please comment on the usefulness of the RFC7180 revision,
discuss any implementation issues, and indicated "support" or "no support".

Trill chairs 

Sue Hares and Jon Hudson

---

From: Donald Eastlake <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 18 Feb 2015 15:38:33 -0500

I support this draft but have the following comments:

IS-IS has been extended with the Purge Originator Identification TLV which
can be useful for debugging any IS-IS purge related problems. I believe a
subsection should be added to Section 8 saying the TRILL switches SHOULD
include this TLV in any purges they originate. Suggested text is shown
below. There would also be the appropriate corresponding additions to the
Normative References and Appendix D.

Section 8.6 Purge Originator Identification (New)

To ease debugging of any purge related problems, TRILL switches SHOULD
include the Purge Originator Identification TLV [RFC6232] in all purge PDUs
in TRILL IS-IS including Flooding Scoped purges [RFC7356] and in ESADI
[RFC7357].

The Informational Reference to IEEE Std 802-2001 needs to be updated to
IEEE Std 802.-2014

Appendix D.1.2 needs to be updated to show the addition of the allocation
of some reserved nicknames for use in documentation examples. Furthermore,
since there are plenty of these (64 of which only 2 have been previously
allocated), probably the block reserved for documentation examples should
be increased from 4 to 8 to be able to cover complex examples.

Typos:

Section 7, 1st paragraph "in subsequent version" -> "in subsequent versions"

An nroff command slipped through as the last line of Section 9 due to an
extraneous space in front of it.

Thanks,
Donald
=============================
 Donald E. Eastlake 3rd   +1-508-333-2270 (cell)
 155 Beaver Street, Milford, MA 01757 USA
 [email-masked]

On Tue, Feb 10, 2015 at 6:18 PM, Susan Hares <[email-masked]> wrote:
> discuss any implementation issues, and indicated “support” or “no
support”.