Subject: [trill] Shepherd review of draft-ietf-trill-pseudonode-nickname-02.txt

From: Donald Eastlake <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 8 Feb 2015 19:51:29 -0500

MAJOR:

No major changes.

MEDIUM:

To avoid confusion, the names of the pseudonode-nickname TRILL
APPsub-TLVs created by this document that are not already prefixed
with "PN-" should have that prefix added.

The bullet item guidelines for selecting pseudo-nicknames in Section
4.3 are currently "suggested". I think they should be "RECOMMENDED".

The draft should specify more about what happens in cases of
mismatched MAC-RI LAALP INFO START/END sub-TLVs appearing in a TRILL
GENINFO TLV. My suggestion is that if there is an END with no START,
the END should be ignored. And if there is a START with no END, then
the end of the encompassing TLV should be treated as an END.

Support for OE should be optional.

The Security Considerations section can be improved a bit, for example
by copying those in the trill-aa-multi-attach draft.

MINOR:

The IANA Considerations section should have a little table of the new
APPsub-TLVs assigned and dummy symbols (tbd1, tbd2, ...) should be
used for the type values to be assigned.

The draft should state that both trill-pseudo-nickname and
trill-aa-multi-attach (as currently specified) could be deployed
simultaneously in the same campus and should mention that
trill-centralized-replication is another solution to the RPF check
problem.

Since a new version of the link aggregation standard has been
published, we should refer to that 2014 version and mention
Distributed Resilient Network Interconnect (DRNI) as an alternative to
MC-LAG. Also, I believe the reference can be Informational.

I think a few more acronyms and terms should be added to Section 1.1,
a few more References added, and a variety of minor editorial changes
made. I'll send the details separately to the authors.

Thanks,
Donald
=============================
 Donald E. Eastlake 3rd   +1-508-333-2270 (cell)
 155 Beaver Street, Milford, MA 01757 USA
 [email-masked]

---

From: honjun.zhai <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 16 Feb 2015 00:08:39 +0800 (CST)

<p>Hi Donald,</p><p><br /></p><p>Thanks for your good comments, I will make a new version of this draft based on them&nbsp; in serveral days.</p><p><br /></p><p>Thanks，<br /></p><p>Hongjun Zhai</p><p>------------------------------------------------------------------------------</p><p>Jiangning&nbsp;District, Nanjing City, People's Republic of China</p><p>Mobile: +086-025-5287-7345</p><p>Email: <a href="mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a></p><p>------------------------------------------------------------------------------</p><p><br /></p><hr /><p><br /><br />于  2015-02-09 08:51:29,Donald Eastlake&lt;[email-masked]&gt;写道:</p><blockquote style="margin: 0px 0px 0px 0.8ex; padding-left: 1ex; border-left-color: rgb(204, 204, 204); border-left-width: 1px; border-left-style: solid;"><pre>MAJOR:
No major changes.
MEDIUM:
_______________________________________________
trill mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/trill
</pre></blockquote>