Subject: [trill] Protocol Action: 'TRILL: Clarifications, Corrections, and Updates' to Proposed Standard (draft-ietf-trill-rfc7180bis-07.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 01 Nov 2015 23:45:01 -0800

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'TRILL: Clarifications, Corrections, and Updates'
  (draft-ietf-trill-rfc7180bis-07.txt) as Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the Transparent Interconnection of Lots
of Links Working Group.

The IESG contact persons are Alvaro Retana, Alia Atlas and Deborah
Brungard.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-trill-rfc7180bis/

Technical Summary

   Since publication of the TRILL (Transparent Interconnection of Lots
   of Links) base protocol in 2011, active development and deployment
   of TRILL has revealed errata in RFC 6325 and areas that could use
   clarifications or updates.  This document provides known
   clarifications, corrections, and updates to RFC 6325 and other
   TRILL RFCs. It obsoletes RFC 7180, updates RFC 7177, updates RFC
   7179, and updates RFC 6325.

Working Group Summary

Everyone one was pleased to get a 7180bis draft on the base specification.

Document Quality

No specific implementations of these fixes, but this draft written Huawei
who is the largest producer of standard TRILL. Other standard TRILL suppliers
plan to implement.  

The other non-Standard TRILL implementations (Brocade, cisco) have had
 an input on these drafts, and are considering importing some of these changes to
TRILL. 

Personnel

   Document Shepherd:  Susan Hares
   Responsible Area Director:  Alia Atlas