Subject: [trill] Splitting draft-ietf-trill-channel-tunnel

From: Donald Eastlake <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 9 Mar 2016 23:16:46 -0500

Hi,

Based on an early Security Directorate I received on
draft-ietf-trill-channel-tunnel, I have been working on the security
component of that draft, particularly things like group keying for
multi-destination messages.

Except for the above security maters, this draft is quite far along
and has, for example, gone through WG Last Call. The channel-tunnel
draft is also needed to support
draft-ietf-trill-directory-assist-mechanisms; however, only pairwise
(known unicast) is actually needed for the directory-assist-mechanisms
draft since it is to protect pull directory messages.

So, my plan is to split out the group-keyed multi-destination security
from trill-channel-tunnel into a new draft-ietf-trill-group-keying-00
draft with the intent that the rest of trill-channel-tunnel can
continue moving forward while the new group-keying draft will have to
go through a new WG Last Call, etc.

Thanks,
Donald
=============================
 Donald E. Eastlake 3rd   +1-508-333-2270 (cell)
 155 Beaver Street, Milford, MA 01757 USA
 [email-masked]

---

From: Donald Eastlake <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 18 Mar 2016 08:21:44 -0400

The revision to draft-ietf-trill-channel-tunnel just posted
implemented the plan outlined below.

Thanks,
Donald