Subject: [trill] Alvaro Retana's No Objection on draft-ietf-trill-rbridge-multilevel-07: (with COMMENT)

From: Alvaro Retana <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 05 Jul 2017 03:17:19 -0700

Alvaro Retana has entered the following ballot position for
draft-ietf-trill-rbridge-multilevel-07: No Objection

When responding, please keep the subject line intact and reply to all
email addresses included in the To and CC lines. (Feel free to cut this
introductory paragraph, however.)

Please refer to https://www.ietf.org/iesg/statement/discuss-criteria.html
for more information about IESG DISCUSS and COMMENT positions.

The document, along with other ballot positions, can be found here:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-trill-rbridge-multilevel/

----------------------------------------------------------------------
COMMENT:
----------------------------------------------------------------------

This document "enumerates and examines alternatives" related to multilevel
TRILL.  It provides useful information, but I think its publication might be
premature given that, for example, the work on unique and aggregated nicknames
is still in progress in the WG -- even if that work is stable, there's still a
(maybe small) probability of this document falling out of sync.